Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood at Dayton Predictions

Featured Replies

This one has had some interesting moments in the past.

 

Could the Greendevils get that elusive "big upset" because this one would be huge.

 

Does Beechwood name the score?

 

Do the Greendevils focus on this one and not the next two weeks when they meet Ludlow and Bellevue on the road?

No.

Basically.

Yes.

Way to many weapons for the Greendevils to handle. I would love to see Dayton make a good game of it, because I think Lickert and company have things headed in the right direction down there on the river.......but I don't think they will be able to hang around more than a quarter. Beechies by as much as they want.

Being a fan of the upset and loving the underdog I would love to see a Greendevil victory, but it won't happen and Beechwood wins big.

Beechies by a bunch............:eek:

We have to stop with the "big upset game".

We have to stop with the "big upset game".

:thumb:

We have to stop with the "big upset game".

 

I guess you are referring to how everyone who supports Dayton always mentions how "this is the year we get that 'big upset'", I was just simply saying that as a fan of the game on any level and really in almost any sport, I enjoy seeing a huge upset.

  • Author
We have to stop with the "big upset game".

 

The head coach of the Greendevils is the one who came up with the idea in all the pre-season publications. He is challenging himself and all his players to make the step to the next level.

 

I think it is a great motivating idea and I back the coach for daring to acheive more than what is expected.

 

I do not think the program ever moves forward if he or the players/school are content to make the playoff every three years or so and then get bounced by 40 points in the first round.

The head coach of the Greendevils is the one who came up with the idea in all the pre-season publications. He is challenging himself and all his players to make the step to the next level.

 

I think it is a great motivating idea and I back the coach for daring to acheive more than what is expected.

 

I do not think the program ever moves forward if he or the players/school are content to make the playoff every three years or so and then get bounced by 40 points in the first round.

There is not enough talent in Dayton to be competitive on a year to year basis. I don't think they will ever make it to the next level...

Beechwood by as many as they want.

  • Author
There is not enough talent in Dayton to be competitive on a year to year basis. I don't think they will ever make it to the next level...

 

Maybe not in the current 4 class set-up (although Dayton made a nice run in the mid 90s beating NCC and taking Beechwood down to the wire when Beechwood was winning state championships year after year) but in the 6 class set-up starting next year they would only have one pennenial regional contender to deal with in Beechwood. Clear that hurdle (a la "upset") and Dayton could make a deep run in the Class A playoffs.

The head coach of the Greendevils is the one who came up with the idea in all the pre-season publications. He is challenging himself and all his players to make the step to the next level.

 

I think it is a great motivating idea and I back the coach for daring to acheive more than what is expected.

 

I do not think the program ever moves forward if he or the players/school are content to make the playoff every three years or so and then get bounced by 40 points in the first round.

 

I really think you misunderstood what he was talking about when he said earlier in the season that they were looking for the big win. Yeah it would be awesome to beat Beechwood or NCC, but I dont see how at all that he could have been talking about beating them this year. This team is a program that he is still rebuilding step by step, so this year I think the big wins he meant was against teams like Grant and Lloyd. I know Dayton beat Lloyd pretty good so we know that Dayton is better than them NOW. But like if Lloyd beat Dayton then we would be saying how Dayton still has not beaten anyone they are not suppose to beat..So I really think when he said that he was talking about the teams like Grant, Newport and Lloyd not the Beechwoods and NCC because Im sure he knew they weren't at the level yet. Its a step by step process so the next step which he was talking about was beating those teams and they did win 2 out of the 3 with only losing to Newport...So all this talk about the "big win" should be over with because they already got those wins that they wanted to get. Now the "big wins" that they need to get is Bellevue and Ludlow if they want to make the playoffs...

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.