Best of the Bluegrass All-Star Football Game

I'm confused on how Central Hardin and John Hardin are part of the Louisville Roster but Elizabethtown isn't. They are all in the same county!

John Hardin and Central Hardin are a part of the Greater Louisville Football Coaches Association. Because they were and still choose to be a part of that association they are included in the Louisville side. The Louisville team is made up of teams that are a member of the GLFCA.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seniors only, and Louisville has won all but 1 or 2 I think. Someone correct me if Im wrong but I think the first game was played in 2009 or 2010 and has been played every year since.

There was a "east versus west" format for the Best Of The Bluegrass in 2007, 2009, and 2010. It switched to "Louisville vs. Kentucky" in 2011 and has been played that way since.

Who has won this game the most over the years, or is it a new all star game.

It would seem a big task for the Louisville area to take on the entire state.

Depends on how you look at that...it's MUCH more easy for the greater Louisville team to hold practice ahead of time. In fact, they've already had practices the last two nights.

I don't believe the "state" team has done any practicing yet, and looking at the high schools sending players to the state team like Ryle, Graves County, Corbin, Belfry, and Johnson Central, I have to question what the turnout would look like for any practice that that team would look like simply because of travel challenges...much less multiple practices.

Depends on how you look at that...it's MUCH more easy for the greater Louisville team to hold practice ahead of time. In fact, they've already had practices the last two nights.

I don't believe the "state" team has done any practicing yet, and looking at the high schools sending players to the state team like Ryle, Graves County, Corbin, Belfry, and Johnson Central, I have to question what the turnout would look like for any practice that that team would look like simply because of travel challenges...much less multiple practices.

Well I would agree with you on some aspects. The Louisville team has 5 practices for about 2 hours, there are players who miss for various reasons. The state team reports today and has their kids on lock down to practice and meet over the next 3 days but I am sure has all their players for every practice. Both scenarios present challenges.