Astros 13 Dodgers 12 - 2nd Most Runs Scored In A World Series Game

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 400 pitches and 5 hours. I'm worn out. I can't imagine if I was a real fan of either team. Or at the game.

Astros fan here (a real fan). It was crazy! I mean seriously I really don’t understand how we won with our bullpen. I am hoping to God Verlander can go 9.

I don’t follow baseball like I did years ago but how did these teams get this far with pitching like this?

38 runs scored in the last two games!!!

There's some controversy over the baseballs. Pitchers are saying that the postseason baseballs have slicker surfaces than the regular season balls and aren't making it possible for them to grip to control their pitches as normal.

Some folks are theorizing that it's a MLB attempt to increase scoring and attract interest in the postseason coverage via increased action during the games. May have some truth to it, honestly.

There's some controversy over the baseballs. Pitchers are saying that the postseason baseballs have slicker surfaces than the regular season balls and aren't making it possible for them to grip to control their pitches as normal.

Some folks are theorizing that it's a MLB attempt to increase scoring and attract interest in the postseason coverage via increased action during the games. May have some truth to it, honestly.

Well if it’s more runs that MLB wants they’re getting them but I can sure see where the pitchers would be agitated as heck about it.

Don Drysdale would have already slapped around some higher up if this was back in the day.

I know this game and the previous have had a lot of runs scored, but from my vantage it seems pitching has dominated the post-season. This game (and ninth inning of the previous) have been the exception, not the norm. Or so it seems that way at least.