Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do You Ever Get Mad at God???

Featured Replies

I have pondered the question of people getting angry at God all my life. When I was much younger, I may have gotten a little mad at times at the Supreme Being, but no longer. God isn't responsible for anything bad that happens in my life or anyone else's life. I alone am responsible for my thoughts, and it is my focused thoughts that manifest things that affect my life. God, ever how you want to define "Him," does not cause bad things to happen to me , to you, or to anyone. God is the essence of goodness. Goodness does not bring about bad. God is Love. God is Light. There is only Goodness & absence of Goodness. You get to choose.

 

What got to me to thinking about this question this week was Mr. Bill O'Reilly saying that he was mad at God for putting him in his present predicament. "You know, am I mad at God? Yeah, I'm mad at him," O'Reilly said. "I wish I had more protection. I wish this stuff didn't happen. I can't explain it to you. Yeah, I'm mad at him."

 

I think it's pretty ludicrous to be blaming God for the bad things in our lives, many of which are of our own making. Let's once and for all agree that God doesn't send storms and floods to kill people or plagues or disease to destroy people's lives.

 

There is zero reason to blame God for what sucks in your life.

I can't recall ever blaming God for bad things that have happened in my life. I've made enough bad decisions on my own to ever blame God or anyone else for my fortune in life.

I have gotten mad at God and blamed him for things. I am idiot sometimes.

No, not at God but I do get mad at myself, other people and situations.

Not mad at him but I have asked why.

Plus if I do start to get those feelings, as a catholic, I can also go to his mom to talk to him to straighten things out. Kids always listen to their moms.

Yes, I have. I've gotten mad at God when I've not understood why particular things were happening the way they were.

 

I liken it in a way to when I was a kid and I would get mad at my parents when they would make me eat foods that I didn't want to eat because they knew they were good for me. I didn't necessarily understand that at the time, but my parents had a reason for making me try to eat those things.

 

Now that's a pretty gross oversimplification of how God's plan works, but I still think they're pretty similar in situation when you look at them in hindsight. The difficult part in not knowing God's plan is the fact that I won't be able to find out what the whole plan was until after I'm dead and gone from here.

Absolutely I have. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't.

If I do ever get mad, I keep it to myself so He doesn't know about it.

Even though I get mad, I still realize that when bad things happen to me, it was not God that did it. The frustration is when I think that God could have easily stopped it.

 

God could have taken my dad's cancer away. My nephew is 17 years old medium functioning autistic and God could make him normal in the blink of an eye. Why doesn't he?

Only once. And I was so mad at Him that I couldn’t bring myself to sing/say The Gloria at Mass…., it was bad.

 

Anyway….. I’m pretty sure He understood and has since forgiven me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.