What Are You Having for Lunch?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bagel bites for me. Simple, but I’m making the drive down to VCU to watch a few state finals games (1A boys, 2A girls and boys. Yes, a big reason why I’m going is to see Mac McClung). Will probably grab some concession stand food, too.

Ate at O'Charley's today before the game in NKY. Had the all you could eat soup and salad. Had a bowl each of the tomato Bisque soup and the loaded potato soup. Both were very good.

Any suggestions close to NKU to eat before we play in State Tourney tomorrow night?

Ate at O'Charley's today before the game in NKY. Had the all you could eat soup and salad. Had a bowl each of the tomato Bisque soup and the loaded potato soup. Both were very good.

Any suggestions close to NKU to eat before we play in State Tourney tomorrow night?

Get off 275 at the Wilder exit and go about a mile and half and you can eat at Knotty Pine. Cajun cuisine, and you may run into the famous @TAC.

Edited by All Blue

Went to Frank Meats and Produce on Preston Highway at Phillips Ln near the Fairgrounds. Got a huge pulled pork sandwich for $5 for lunch and a huge turkey and cheese sandwich for $4 for dinner, was bummed they didn’t have their cheesy potato soup today.

Get off 275 at the Wilder exit and go about a mile and half and you can eat at Knotty Pine. Cajun cuisine, and you may run into the famous @TAC.

I was there last night. Great Cajun food. More casual bar food near NKU would be Barleycorns or longnecks. As for fine dining, you are only abut 7 minutes from downtown Cincy.

Went to Mickey D's yesterday and ordered the Filet-O-Fish Extra Value Meal. Poor girl at the register was having a really bad day, people we're leaving. I'm thinking it was her first day on the register. When she figured out how to ring up my order (with help) it totaled $6.04. The guy with me told her he wanted exactly the same thing I had, she rings him up and it totaled $4.20. He said to her "shouldn't it be $6.04?" Not missing a beat she says "no, your's is cheaper" shows him the register readout and says "see". :lol2: He says, okay, gives her $5.00 and she says your change is 78 cents. :lol2: He was speechless.....I completely lost it. :lol2: Haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Bless her heart.

Unfortunately there aren’t many good options close to the school. You have Knotty Pine as mentioned along with Mellow Mushroom (pizza) and Longnecks (bar food) off the Wilder exit. Off of 27, outside of standard fast food, there is Barleycorn’s (like a Fridays), and then your chain restaurants Applebee’s and Cracker Barrel. Down a couple exits in Crestview Hills, there are Dewey’s Pizza and Mackenzie River, along with Friday’s, Buffalo Wings and Rings, Carabba’s (sp?), Moe’s, McAllister’s, and Panera. I work just down the street from NKU, and unfortunately, there really aren’t any good spots immediately around the school.

Unfortunately there aren’t many good options close to the school. You have Knotty Pine as mentioned along with Mellow Mushroom (pizza) and Longnecks (bar food) off the Wilder exit. Off of 27, outside of standard fast food, there is Barleycorn’s (like a Fridays), and then your chain restaurants Applebee’s and Cracker Barrel. Down a couple exits in Crestview Hills, there are Dewey’s Pizza and Mackenzie River, along with Friday’s, Buffalo Wings and Rings, Carabba’s (sp?), Moe’s, McAllister’s, and Panera. I work just down the street from NKU, and unfortunately, there really aren’t any good spots immediately around the school.

We have eaten at Cracker Barrel and O'Charley's I saw a LaRosas Is it good? Also a Long Horn.

Not felling good again today. I would love to have some good soup or something light. Also where the other ladies can get a good meal.