September 29, 20179 yr Another thing is I have heard or read that based on population that whites are killed more and commit more crime, but I saw or heard somewhere that based on population that blacks committed so much more % of the crimes. Like blacks make up 30 % of population but committed 75% of crimes. Again I think I heard or read something like that. Not sure. If that is the case then would that explain why more blacks are arrested or charged.
September 29, 20179 yr That I was trying to see if the black on black murder rate is higher than a white cop killing a black person. If so then I think the real problem is the murder rate in those cities. While I don't necessarily disagree with you. You can have two problems that both need corrected.
September 29, 20179 yr This discussion thus far demonstrates the problem. If you don't think there is "white privelage" then you will never see the problem, never. Simple as that. I am not criticiazing those that don't think there is "white privelage", just they will never see the problem.
September 29, 20179 yr Another thing is I have heard or read that based on population that whites are killed more and commit more crime, but I saw or heard somewhere that based on population that blacks committed so much more % of the crimes. Like blacks make up 30 % of population but committed 75% of crimes. Again I think I heard or read something like that. Not sure. If that is the case then would that explain why more blacks are arrested or charged. You can't possibly think this is a "black" thing..
September 29, 20179 yr Author This discussion thus far demonstrates the problem. If you don't think there is "white privelage" then you will never see the problem, never. Simple as that. I am not criticiazing those that don't think there is "white privelage", just they will never see the problem. Oh yeah.....white privelage, forgot about that. Where can I get some?
September 29, 20179 yr You can't possibly think this is a "black" thing.. That's not at all what I'm trying to say or mean. If you have 10 kids and 2 are white and 8 are black and 1 white kid gets in trouble all the time, is that discrimination because the white kid is being punished. It's just an example.
September 29, 20179 yr Police shootings of unarmed black men are very rare. And unarmed doesn't necessarily mean they aren't dangerous. For example, look at Michael Brown, who assaulted a police officer and tried to take his gun. He's considered "unarmed". Lois James, a researcher at Washington State did a study that revealed police are less likely to shoot unarmed black suspects, than they were unarmed white or Hispanic ones in simulated threat scenarios. Roland Fryer, a Harvard professor, analyzed more than 1,000 police shootings from across the country. He concluded that there is ZERO evidence of racial bias in police shootings. Some more facts to ponder... 12 % of white/Hispanic homicide victims are killed by cops. 4% of black homicide victims are killed by cops. Some will say its a sign of bias that blacks make up only 13% of the population, but 26% of police shooting 'victims'. But you have to take in to account other facts. Blacks make up 15% of the population in the countries 75 largest county's. However they account for 62% of all robberies, 57 % of murders, and 45% of assaults. A police officer is 18.5x more likely to be killed by a black male, than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer. Black males are also over represented in those who kill police officers. Look it up. I'll wait. The Post has indeed found that there’s a strikingly consistent number of fatal police shootings each year: close to 1,000 people of all races. But that figure includes the armed and the unarmed. Fatal police shootings of the unarmed — the issue Kaepernick and Reid cite — are far fewer. In the first six months of this year, for example, the Post found a total of 27 fatal shootings of unarmed people, of which black men constituted seven. Yes, you read that right: seven. There are 22 million black men in America. If an African-American man is not armed, the chance that he will be killed by the police in any recent year is 0.00006 percent. If a black man is carrying a weapon, the chance is 0.00075. One is too many, but it seems to me important to get the scale of this right. Our perceptions are not reality. NFL Protests Obscure the Facts on Race and Policing Another good article. The National Anthem Protests -- Do Facts Matter? | RealClearPolitics Anytime someone is killed by police it is tragic, and yes, sometimes shootings are not justified. I've commented on some here that i felt weren't justified. However, there is no epidemic. There is no evidence that there's a widespread issue of police shooting innocent black men for no reason. Its non sense. Edited September 29, 20179 yr by halfback20
September 29, 20179 yr Oh yeah.....white privelage, forgot about that. Where can I get some? Did any of the articles I posted help give you data to respond to?
September 29, 20179 yr Blacks are more likely to be killed by police, but that's because they're more likely to be stopped, study says - LA Times I only skimmed your article here, so I'm not sure if it mentions this, but the national institute of justice (research agency for the department of justice) published a study called "Race, trust, and police legitimacy" in 2013. 3/4 black drivers admitted they were stopped by police for a legitimate reason. Also, blacks compared to whites were on average more likely to commit traffic offenses. Seatbelt usage is chronically lower among black drivers. The NIJs conclusion was that the numerical disparities were a result of "differences in offending" and not racism.
September 29, 20179 yr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk6nQ7WM0iM NSFW... Hilarious. Louis CK is a great comedian.
September 29, 20179 yr Oh yeah.....white privelage, forgot about that. Where can I get some? Proved my point.
September 30, 20179 yr Author Proved my point. Nope. Only thing proven is that you are too willing to buy into identity politics and group think.
September 30, 20179 yr Author Did any of the articles I posted help give you data to respond to? Don't know, just got off work. Have a 10 hour drive ahead of me. Will check them out at some point in next few days.
September 30, 20179 yr Author Proved my point.What laws do we need pass to stamp out white privelage?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.