What is going on at Frederick Douglass?

theguru

I was told yesterday that Landis is suspended and Nate McPeek is interim coach.

Something about a suspended player who has been playing and an alleged altercation with the Dunbar staff over watching practice. FWIW

Item #2 here goes back to my post. There are issues between the Fayette Co schools right now, most of it due to FCSD.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Item #2 here goes back to my post. There are issues between the Fayette Co schools right now, most of it due to FCSD.

I don't know any of what's going on or anything but I trust the source who told me about that situation. I have no idea how long he is supposedly suspended or anything like that.

How have transfers and enrollments worked for Douglass? Was there a certain date kids had to enroll at the new school without being considered a transfer student? Could a kid have been ruled ineligible because transfer paperwork wasn't completed?

I don't know any of what's going on or anything but I trust the source who told me about that situation. I have no idea how long he is supposedly suspended or anything like that.

Neither do I on the suspension, but I know some of the back story from even before the season got going.

How have transfers and enrollments worked for Douglass? Was there a certain date kids had to enroll at the new school without being considered a transfer student? Could a kid have been ruled ineligible because transfer paperwork wasn't completed?

Well in short, as long as they didnt attend day 1 of school at a school, they could go to another school free will. Even if they practiced all summer with another school, but that wasnt even one of the first steps in this.

Well in short, as long as they didnt attend day 1 of school at a school, they could go to another school free will. Even if they practiced all summer with another school, but that wasnt even one of the first steps in this.

Thanks. I realize my previous post sort of mixed scenarios. I was curious how the enrollment process worked considering this was a once-in-a-generation situation. I appreciate the feedback! :thumb:

I contacted someone at the Lexington Herald-Leader and they chose not to be forthcoming.Unlike the FBI, I cannot always "persuade" people to share information.