Do You Regularly Read A Newspaper(s)?

WESTSIDE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still subscribe to the Cincinnati Enquirer, but I am about done with them. The sports section is horrible. The early deadline has killed it. You can't even read about the final of the Red's game from the previous night, much less any local high school or college sports results. At least once or twice a month, my paper does not get delivered and when it rains, a lot of times my paper is wet even when it is in a plastic bag. The subscription rate has sky-rocketed to pay for the on-line access, that I seldom use. I had a 2 week vacation hold on my paper this Summer and they only gave me something like a $4 credit for a paper that sells for over $1 a day at the newsstand.

I will take the LHL and CJ sports over the Cincinnati Enquirer any day.

BTW if your into HS Football in the Greater Cincinnati area Tri State Sports has an excellent radio show on 1360 and 1530 each Friday night starting at around 9pm until 12 midnight giving scores, stats, talking to Coaches and players from games all over the Greater Cincinnati area and that includes NKy and Ind. If your schools sends in your stats to them, you will get mentioned not only the score but stats. They do a real nice job of it.

Radio – TriStateFootball.com

I will take the LHL and CJ sports over the Cincinnati Enquirer any day.

BTW if your into HS Football in the Greater Cincinnati area Tri State Sports has an excellent radio show on 1360 and 1530 each Friday night starting at around 9pm until 12 midnight giving scores, stats, talking to Coaches and players from games all over the Greater Cincinnati area and that includes NKy and Ind. If your schools sends in your stats to them, you will get mentioned not only the score but stats. They do a real nice job of it.

Radio – TriStateFootball.com

They really love them some St. X football...

The physical paper I rarely read anymore. I will still sometimes thumb through it on Sundays, but in general, I read the digital edition. That applies in many ways to almost anything I read anymore. I am far more likely to read an e-book than I would a physical copy. It just has to do with convenience.

I still love a paper to read. Can't stand reading online. Hard to read online when on American Standard!!

As for Enquirer, someone mentioned in depth stories. They are called human interest stories and the paper is completely different than what I read even 8 years ago. It's opinion being typed as fact.