Zack Pangallo no longer at Carson Newman??

4pointplay

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a realist. I think a college degree is worth enough to hang around for 2 more years and if playing BB paid a good chunk of that - playing BB makes more sense than rapping.

He can rap in his free time.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't disagree, and especially regarding the education as it would probably be better to get that degree just to cover all of his bases. If BB is what makes it a freebie then yeah... play 2 more years.

I'm cool with him following his dreams, but hopefully it's not just a youthful passing phase that will have him regretting it in the future. If he can ultimately reap from it that will be great, but if he's serious about it long term, then he'd still be serious about 2 years from now after he's finished getting his education.

2 years to us old guys is the blink of an eye, whereas 2 years to a 20 year old feels like forever... so to him I imagine he's anxious to just do what he wants to now. Hope it all works out for him and still has something to fall back on if it doesn't.

Before everyone piles on, we don't know if he quit school or just quit basketball. He may very well be enrolled at a local school right now.

Hopefully the rap is paying as much as his hoops scholarship was. Best wishes to Zach. super nice kid!

Hopefully the rap is paying as much as his hoops scholarship was. Best wishes to Zach. super nice kid!

As a "student-athlete" at an NCAA institution he would not have been able to make money off of his rap career. An adjustment in those rules might have allowed him to continue playing basketball and making money as a rapper.

As a "student-athlete" at an NCAA institution he would not have been able to make money off of his rap career. An adjustment in those rules might have allowed him to continue playing basketball and making money as a rapper.

Why not? A kid on a scholly can't get a summer job?

Why not? A kid on a scholly can't get a summer job?

Not exactly sure of the details, but think about the kid at UCF who had to quit playing football this season because his Youtube page made money. He didn't want to give that up so he had to stop playing. It is insanely ridiculous that a kid would have to make that decision at all.

He had hip surgery earlier this summer and was going to be out the entire year (Redshirt), so basketball was not in his future this season anyway.

This makes a difference I think in my opinion, as if my opinion matters to him or his family.

He had hip surgery earlier this summer and was going to be out the entire year (Redshirt), so basketball was not in his future this season anyway.

Thanks for getting to the facts on things LB. Always nice when someone puts all of the guessing to bed with some real info.

Not exactly sure of the details, but think about the kid at UCF who had to quit playing football this season because his Youtube page made money. He didn't want to give that up so he had to stop playing. It is insanely ridiculous that a kid would have to make that decision at all.

This is the instance that I was thinking of as well, so I would guess, no, he couldn't do both.