Zack Pangallo no longer at Carson Newman??

4pointplay

This is the instance that I was thinking of as well, so I would guess, no, he couldn't do both.

It appears they can. But after Lawnboys update I don't think it really matters in this case. If the FCU kid made money off of his image tied to the Univ or sport, that may have had an influence? Not familiar with that case.

http://www.lsusports.net/src/data/lsu/assets/docs/ad/policymanual/pdf/507.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=5200

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears they can. But after Lawnboys update I don't think it really matters in this case. If the FCU kid made money off of his image tied to the Univ or sport, that may have had an influence? Not familiar with that case.

http://www.lsusports.net/src/data/lsu/assets/docs/ad/policymanual/pdf/507.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=5200

Not sure what the deal was with the UCF kicker but this seems similar. I don't see the issue with either one making money that way but the NCAA does. Also, the issue of scholarship vs. non-scholarship player and making money. Does that matter?

From what I've read, the issue with the kicker at UCF was whether or not he mentioned UCF or being a kicker there in any videos that he made money off of. Sounds crazy, but the NCAA is trying to get ahead of the game before an assistant coach tells a recruit that he can make side money from a YouTube channel. I hate it but it makes some sense.

So, in Zack's case, I am assuming, (if he wanted to continue playing) if he did not use the school or his position of playing at the school, then he would be ok. Which opens up a whole different set of questions. Could he mention playing basketball without referencing the school or the team? Also, it just mentions the kicker losing his scholarship--I assume that means that he could continue on the team and making videos as a non-scholarship player.

All might be irrelevant if Zack is just choosing this on his own or because of injury.

He had hip surgery earlier this summer and was going to be out the entire year (Redshirt), so basketball was not in his future this season anyway.

Realize that there is a whole lot of difference between playing in a men's league and competing at the college level but would think he has already been cleared to resume physical activity and it is only first week of September? They had already made decision to redshirt?

Wish the kid luck but the opportunity to play college sports is indeed a once in a lifetime opportunity.

• 7 months later...

Little over 6 months since this was first brought to light, so I just thought that I'd search Youtube to see what Zach Pangallo's (AKA Pangeaux) been up to lately.

Looks like he must've put on a show recently at the Mockbee in Cincinnati to a decent crowd of adoring fans.

These two show recap vids were posted on Youtube within the last couple of weeks.