Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern 28 Boyle County 7

Featured Replies

Like your namesake, you are a walking contradiction Ron. First you say:

 

Aaron water, and Zane hilton are the only players on the team that start that are really any good.

 

 

Then you post the above where there is no talent at the upper class, besides maybe Aaron Waters. So is Hilton talented or not? :confused:

 

You say: Josh Miller makes no plays. But didn't he practically win the Danville game for Boyle? 4 TD's in a big rivalry game that was a 2 point loss is not a player making no big plays. Maybe the coaches need to go back to help him see what he did right there that might help him do it again. :rolleyes:

 

You then make statements like: Nice job on making a statement coaches, I am glad you showed everyone that there is no heart or talent on the varisty, but our young talent is very good.

 

I'm trying to remember, how many TD's did those young people score in the early close losses? It's one thing to accuse a group of not having talent it's another to accuse them of "no heart" as well. :irked:

 

I've wondered for a while now if the wrong staff was at Boyle since about the middle of last season. I've never bought into sacrificing for next year when you are a successful program. I don't buy it right now either. All it takes is a season like this one to get your better players in Middle School and Freshman ranks to decide they don't want to be a part of this and there will be more "talent-less" (your words, not mine) classes to have to deal with.

:thumb: :thumb: There are a lot of kids on this team that plays with so much heart and you only have to watch some of them to see this. The Hilton kid plays with as much heart as you could ask for in a kid and plays the game with such passion.

 

I don't want anyone to misunderstand my problem. Boyle lost to a good team last night and SW deserves all the credit in the world for the game that brought to that field last night. No one will ever hear me say one bad thing about the SW team and their fans. I had the opportunity to meet LTW and Commando last night and they are what makes their fans so great to be around:thumb: :thumb:

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Warriers. Having seen this team play HHS, I thought they had the talent to go deep into the playoffs. Good win and keep focusing each week. We look forward to seeing you again.

I can't believe that just 2 years ago when Chuck Smith announced he was leaving for UK that most everyone on bgpreps from the Boyle County area said it was a 'no brainer' to hire Pardue as the head man. Seems like there were hundreds of folks singing Pardues praises and how he would be the only man for the job since he had been with Coach Smith for so long and knew how to make the program succeed.

 

Where are those people now? You've lost faith in the man after one bad season?!?! Boyle County... you've gotten spoiled!!!!! Not everyone has enjoyed the tremendous success you guys have been fortunate enough to experience... so take your lumps and stick true to the PROGRAM!!!! If Pardue didn't know what he was doing I'm sure Chuck Smith (whom is all-knowing) wouldn't have kept him by his side all those years.

 

Get over it! For the sake of the kids and the program!!!

Spoiled - I will said that that is a given. But stick to a program that makes kids stop believing in themselves - Never. I've sat through seasons when there was never a game won, so believe me when I say, been there done that. This is not about losing a game, this is about kids losing faith in themselves and I am truly sorry if people don't understand this. We have a passion for winning seasons but I can only speak for myself, I have a passion for kids being made proud of what they are accomplishing - win or lose more.

Oh how sweet it is, finally got that monkey off .

 

GO WARRIORS:banana:

Boyle CO will be fine alot of young talent. That #9 (QB) is a tough kid.

SW beat him to death last night and he kept playing and trying to make plays. Great heart from him.

Boyle is going thru a rough time right now but will be fine. Still a very good Team....Good Luck the rest of the year!!!

There is so much I want to say about this game but don't have the time today. First off I do want to say there is going to be great feelings toward the winner and bad (sad) feeling toward the loser. The two preseason teams to win this district match up early. Second, remember everyone these are high school kids were discussing about. Either be a fan or not. I have nothing but great respect for Boyle Co.'s team, players, coaches, parents, and fans. I hope we have done nothing but earned their respect as well. Football is an emotional game folks and I for one now best. I have at times lost it but recovered it the next day or two. (just depends) It very passionate when it's your kid on the field and it's his last go around. (twice the passion). When you fumble the ball twice or three times it's tough to recover. Last season when we lost to Boyle Co. I was not happy at all. I was too looking for reason to but you know what it really boiled down to, it wasn't us losing, it was Boyle Co. winning. plain and simple. I can see it now but last season I didn't. Football is a funny game sometimes it will humble you and bring you to your knees sometimes asking why but it all comes down to 15, 16, 17, 18 year old young men running the plays and the opposite side preventing it. Coaching goes a long way but the pressure of making the play sometimes is to hard to over come. Wish everyone a great day and we love ya Boyle Co. even if you've been a thorn in the butt for years. GREAT WIN SOUTHWESTERN!!!!!!!

I can't believe that just 2 years ago when Chuck Smith announced he was leaving for UK that most everyone on bgpreps from the Boyle County area said it was a 'no brainer' to hire Pardue as the head man. Seems like there were hundreds of folks singing Pardues praises and how he would be the only man for the job since he had been with Coach Smith for so long and knew how to make the program succeed.

 

Where are those people now? You've lost faith in the man after one bad season?!?! Boyle County... you've gotten spoiled!!!!! Not everyone has enjoyed the tremendous success you guys have been fortunate enough to experience... so take your lumps and stick true to the PROGRAM!!!! If Pardue didn't know what he was doing I'm sure Chuck Smith (whom is all-knowing) wouldn't have kept him by his side all those years.

Get over it! For the sake of the kids and the program!!!

 

 

When Pardue was the OC he was great. The truth is that sometimes some of the greatest assistants aren't the best Head Coaches. I'm beginning to think that might hold true here. For the sake of the program, I hope not.

It is not Pardues fault honestly, he didnt give up, he realized he did not have the players to compete this year. His talent is all sophmore and Freshman, there is no talent at the upper class, besides maybe Aaron Waters.

 

With that mentality Boyle would only have 3 state championships instead of 5. 99 and 03 would have been rebuilding years, because there was more "talent" in the lower classes. You may be right that there was more talent but those seniors knew how to lead and were tough nosed kids. 04 was one of our most talented all around teams and they dropped the ball in the state finals, and 98 was supposed to win state and was ranked top 5, but finished the season 7-5. If there is no talent why did this junior class and senior class dominate in JV, explain that to me. Because i believe that while the kids might not be the best they have to be put in the right state of mind to win.

With that mentality Boyle would only have 3 state championships instead of 5. 99 and 03 would have been rebuilding years, because there was more "talent" in the lower classes. You may be right that there was more talent but those seniors knew how to lead and were tough nosed kids. 04 was one of our most talented all around teams and they dropped the ball in the state finals, and 98 was supposed to win state and was ranked top 5, but finished the season 7-5. If there is no talent why did this junior class and senior class dominate in JV, explain that to me. Because i believe that while the kids might not be the best they have to be put in the right state of mind to win.

Not true, 99 Had Duggins, Quinn, McCoy, Miller(the good one) Clem, Wilson, Lets not forget the 2 Leffews.

 

2003 - Brandon Smith, Quinn Givhan, Ian Young, Patrick Wilson, Danny Commarford, Evan Teague, Jeremy Enlow, Seth Tamme

 

2006 - Aaron Waters, Zane Hilton, Rees Macshara, Phillip Mason, Conner Givhan, Ben Carmen, Dre Cox,

 

Notice the names in bold are freshman and sophmores.

Not true, 99 Had Duggins, Quinn, McCoy, Miller(the good one) Clem, Wilson, Lets not forget the 2 Leffews.

 

2003 - Brandon Smith, Quinn Givhan, Ian Young, Patrick Wilson, Danny Commarford, Evan Teague, Jeremy Enlow, Seth Tamme

 

2006 - Aaron Waters, Zane Hilton, Rees Macshara, Phillip Mason, Conner Givhan, Ben Carmen, Dre Cox,

 

Notice the names in bold are freshman and sophmores.

 

 

Duggins was a Sophomore on the '99 team not a Junior or Senior which is the group I think you were trying to list.

Obviously Mr. Burgandy has some sort of delusions as to what makes up the whole football team. To even suggest that mason looked better at QB that Perry is absurd. One day he may be as good as Brandon Smith or Duggins, but last night he didn't look that good. Just to imply that the upperclassmen have no talent is absurd. To say that Josh Miller has no talent is absurd. They only lost 2 games in the whole season last year, they should be more competitive.

Originally Posted by TRUE REDHOUND

Its Southwestern's year. They played Danville a pretty good game. Boyle is still a good team but a little down. Southwestern takes advantage of the situation becasue it doesn't come around often.

 

So if SW played Danville a "pretty good game" and Boyle played them a "really good game" how do you pick SW for this game?

 

Yes that is what i was saying. SW is not bad this year.

There is so much I want to say about this game but don't have the time today. First off I do want to say there is going to be great feelings toward the winner and bad (sad) feeling toward the loser. The two preseason teams to win this district match up early. Second, remember everyone these are high school kids were discussing about. Either be a fan or not. I have nothing but great respect for Boyle Co.'s team, players, coaches, parents, and fans. I hope we have done nothing but earned their respect as well. Football is an emotional game folks and I for one now best. I have at times lost it but recovered it the next day or two. (just depends) It very passionate when it's your kid on the field and it's his last go around. (twice the passion). When you fumble the ball twice or three times it's tough to recover. Last season when we lost to Boyle Co. I was not happy at all. I was too looking for reason to but you know what it really boiled down to, it wasn't us losing, it was Boyle Co. winning. plain and simple. I can see it now but last season I didn't. Football is a funny game sometimes it will humble you and bring you to your knees sometimes asking why but it all comes down to 15, 16, 17, 18 year old young men running the plays and the opposite side preventing it. Coaching goes a long way but the pressure of making the play sometimes is to hard to over come. Wish everyone a great day and we love ya Boyle Co. even if you've been a thorn in the butt for years. GREAT WIN SOUTHWESTERN!!!!!!!

There would never be any hard feelings for SW and their great fans from this household. SW played a heck of a ballgame. I have always had such respect for their team and for their fans. My best wishes to all of you for continued success this year.:thumb: :thumb:

First.... Congrads to Southwestern on a Big Big win last night. You all where the better team last night.

 

Now, after thinking about what happened 24 hours ago and what I would say about the game. I'm "Speechless". I still havn't picked my Jaw back up from the ground yet. So, in fear of saying something I might regret in the future I will not say anything at all, and put last nights game out of my memory. :cry:

I'm not close to the situation but I've read too many times in the paper where he has ripped his players. And it seems to me he has given up on some of his seniors since day 1. I think he is a great offensive mind but I question his leadership.

 

I have heard this from several people myself, although I can't confirm it first hand. There is no place in high school sports of any kind for verbal assaults and abuse upon kids who are 14 to 18 years of age. We need to remember that once the game is over, and all the pads and equipment have been put away, they're just plain ole kids again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.