Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern 28 Boyle County 7

Featured Replies

Congrats to Sw, Its looking like the year for their first district title since 2000.

I dont know if we can say first district title. Sure there district is kind of in a down year but still I dont know if I predict the district there play as been suspect at times this season. Although a very good win for the Warriors Congrats. However this goes much deepr what is up with the Rebels. Is it coaching,players, or what this type of defeat hasnt happened to Boyle in quite sometime and it has happened twice this season.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for the fans of the BC Rebels. Are the problems this year purely related to talent level and inexperience or do they run much deeper than that? Just curious to know what everyone thinks.

It is strictly talent. Josh Miller makes no plays, so we might as well not play him. Aaron water, and Zane hilton are the only players on the team that start that are really any good.

 

Trust me on this one the coaches know what they are doing 100%.

 

Now we did find some things out tonight. The best QB so far this season, Phillip Mason, and Conner Givhan.

 

Best WR, Ben Carmen, Rees MaCshara

 

Rees MaCshara, best RB.

 

Jacob Smith, is a good Wideout, same with Brett Marshall. The 2nd team o line, dont know any of there names played very very well

 

 

Let me put this in persepctive, starters played the first half scored 0 against PSW and gave up 28

 

 

JV played 2nd half gave up 0 Points against PSW and scored 7. The best part of all this is PSW took out none of there starters the whole game, and Givhan was threading the needle, Ben Carmen scored the td pass they didnt give us a good spot though. Philip showed heart, and is a better leader/ player then Perry, but if Givhan was a little stronger he would be the best QB in my opinion.

 

So lets break this down

PSW vs Boyle JV 0-7

PSW vs Boyle V 28-0

 

Nice job on making a statement coaches, I am glad you showed everyone that there is no heart or talent on the varisty, but our young talent is very good.

Somebody please explain to me how Southwestern got beat by South Laurel?:confused:

 

 

Son of Bear....THE Southwestern Warriors Did not even show up at South Laurel...... They went throught the motions and got beat.

:sleep:

 

BUT THEY SEEM TO BE AWAKE AGAIN ...... GO WARRIORS !!!!

I know SWP has taken a beating some against Boyle but tonight the Warriors showed that if you make mistakes, a good team will take advantage. Something Boyle used to do.

So is it the beginning of the end for BC football or just a rough spot in the road that can be repaired?

 

 

I don't think it's the beginning of the end for Boyle. It may be for Pardue and co. I'm not close to the situation but I've read too many times in the paper where he has ripped his players. And it seems to me he has given up on some of his seniors since day 1. I think he is a great offensive mind but I question his leadership. I know a great coach will break the kids down and build them back up. I remember a coach at Boyle that was like that. Don't give up on these young men. I know most of you wont. I wish those young men the best! This will only make them stronger.

I don't think it's the beginning of the end for Boyle. It may be for Pardue and co. I'm not close to the situation but I've read too many times in the paper where he has ripped his players. And it seems to me he has given up on some of his seniors since day 1. I think he is a great offensive mind but I question his leadership. I know a great coach will break the kids down and build them back up. I remember a coach at Boyle that was like that. Don't give up on these young men. I know most of you wont. I wish those young men the best! This will only make them stronger.

It is not Pardues fault honestly, he didnt give up, he realized he did not have the players to compete this year. His talent is all sophmore and Freshman, there is no talent at the upper class, besides maybe Aaron Waters.

I heard through a Rumor that There were a lot of Boyle players who where out sick! I do not know this for a fact. I just know that Boyle has had a black cloud over there head all season! Its easy to kick them when they are down but,I predict that Boyle will get back on track!

I heard through a Rumor that There were a lot of Boyle players who where out sick! I do not know this for a fact. I just know that Boyle has had a black cloud over there head all season! Its easy to kick them when they are down but,I predict that Boyle will get back on track!

Not this season, but thats ok. one bad year in the last 10 aint bad.

 

And the sickness is staph 2 players in the hospital with it right now I believe.

Somebody please explain to me how Southwestern got beat by South Laurel?:confused:

Anything on happen on Friday night. The best team does not always win. It is the team that is best prepared and ready to play.

Anything on happen on Friday night. The best team does not always win. It is the team that is best prepared and ready to play.

 

 

PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND 7 TIMES..... YOU LOSE THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not Pardues fault honestly, he didnt give up, he realized he did not have the players to compete this year. His talent is all sophmore and Freshman, there is no talent at the upper class, besides maybe Aaron Waters.

That statment is exactly what all of these players have been hearing all year long. There is talent in the upper class but if you hear all the time just how bad you are then you start to think it yourself. You don't give up a year football for some kids just to see what you can develop for the following years. I have a kid in the upper class and I can assure you that he has talent. He plays when he is hurt and never ask to come out of a game. He has busted his butt off practicing and playing his heart out for 4 years. He has done everything he has been told to do and he plays a heck of a game. So to say there is no talent at the upper class is saying that this kid is nothing and that just isn't a fair statement to make. There are kids on this team that love this game and would go over a cliff for their coach. The sad thing is that their coach wouldn't go over a cliff for them. He made a statement? Sure he did, a couple of times in the paper informing them "in a public statement", just how bad they are and how they have no spirit and have not been a guiding force for the underclassment. If you want to make a statement, please don't make it at the expense of some kids who truly love this team, they'd have to, or else they would have already walked and none of them have done that. Is this the worse team that Boyle has ever put on the field, not by a long shot and I've been there for over 30 years, so I feel I do know what I am saying. Is this the most unappreciated group of seniors on any Boyle team? In my eyes, yes. I don't know how these kids keep going week after week with all the bad things they hear about themselves. I am just so sorry that they have to end their senior year with this kind of situation. It has left a sour taste in my mouth that I just don't know will ever go away. The sour taste isn't the losses. The sour taste is the way these seniors have been treated and talked about in such unkind fashion.

It is not Pardues fault honestly, he didnt give up, he realized he did not have the players to compete this year. His talent is all sophmore and Freshman, there is no talent at the upper class, besides maybe Aaron Waters.

 

 

Like your namesake, you are a walking contradiction Ron. First you say:

 

Aaron water, and Zane hilton are the only players on the team that start that are really any good.

 

 

Then you post the above where there is no talent at the upper class, besides maybe Aaron Waters. So is Hilton talented or not? :confused:

 

You say: Josh Miller makes no plays. But didn't he practically win the Danville game for Boyle? 4 TD's in a big rivalry game that was a 2 point loss is not a player making no big plays. Maybe the coaches need to go back to help him see what he did right there that might help him do it again. :rolleyes:

 

You then make statements like: Nice job on making a statement coaches, I am glad you showed everyone that there is no heart or talent on the varisty, but our young talent is very good.

 

I'm trying to remember, how many TD's did those young people score in the early close losses? It's one thing to accuse a group of not having talent it's another to accuse them of "no heart" as well. :irked:

 

I've wondered for a while now if the wrong staff was at Boyle since about the middle of last season. I've never bought into sacrificing for next year when you are a successful program. I don't buy it right now either. All it takes is a season like this one to get your better players in Middle School and Freshman ranks to decide they don't want to be a part of this and there will be more "talent-less" (your words, not mine) classes to have to deal with.

It is not Pardues fault honestly, he didnt give up, he realized he did not have the players to compete this year. His talent is all sophmore and Freshman, there is no talent at the upper class, besides maybe Aaron Waters.

I know Grant Tamme, senior, is out injured, but once he is back in the mix you're saying he isn't a talented football player either??? :confused:

 

Those are some pretty strong words, especially if those kids read these threads and you know a lot of 'em do.

I really believe we have the talent to be a very competitive team, I am beginning to question this coaching staff and their philosophies as well. I agree with about all of the previous posts, and how the coaching staff is so negative. I think this coaching staff probably cost us the season last night with their so called statement.

 

I think a changing of the guard may be in order before a lot of kids lose interest (seems like some already are) Chuck Smith built an awesome program, not to be destroyed in this manner.

I can't believe that just 2 years ago when Chuck Smith announced he was leaving for UK that most everyone on bgpreps from the Boyle County area said it was a 'no brainer' to hire Pardue as the head man. Seems like there were hundreds of folks singing Pardues praises and how he would be the only man for the job since he had been with Coach Smith for so long and knew how to make the program succeed.

 

Where are those people now? You've lost faith in the man after one bad season?!?! Boyle County... you've gotten spoiled!!!!! Not everyone has enjoyed the tremendous success you guys have been fortunate enough to experience... so take your lumps and stick true to the PROGRAM!!!! If Pardue didn't know what he was doing I'm sure Chuck Smith (whom is all-knowing) wouldn't have kept him by his side all those years.

 

Get over it! For the sake of the kids and the program!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.