Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elizabethtown 55 Franklin-Simpson 23

Featured Replies

Final per update thread.

A bit of a surprise, but as usual, Etown is a better team than given credit for.

Knew Etown could win but not by that much at Shade Tree. Wow!

I thought this was a gimme in the contest. At least I wasn't alone in that thinking.

Etown may be playing at UK in December. They are very fast and experienced. Can run and pass and play defense. I think FS will wind up being pretty good, may take a while to come together. They made several good plays on defense but were fooled by Etown's misdirection plays several times. FS seems a step slower than usual or maybe Etown and Western last week were just that fast.

FS seems a step slower than usual or maybe Etown and Western last week were just that fast.

 

Probably a little bit of both. E'town and Western both are typically athletic (of course so is Franklin), but those are tough to judge skill against. I'm sure Franklin-Simpson will be better as the season progresses.

Calling ... @Nathaniel Bryan

 

I wasn't there as I go wherever the Courier-Journal tells me to go on Friday nights -- although I would LOVE to have CAL vs. Etown -- so I'll provide some links to game coverage from others.

 

That being said, I'm shocked as anyone by the MARGIN of outcome, although I didn't say I would be surprised if E'town won one the road. I think 3-of-4 Bowling Green Daily News pickers chose F-S and all 4 said FS varsity would score 20 (F-S scored just 13 on E'town starters) and none of them thought E'town would put up 30+.

 

I'm impressed, but I'm not calling them state champs yet (I did say E'town COULD get to the final). F-S is not near as deep, strong or as big as Belfry and or Corbin (and not as athletic as Central, which just decimated 6-A Manual defensively).

 

FRIDAY FOOTBALL: Elizabethtown 55, Franklin-Simpson 23 (

Here are some numbers for you: 25,69,66,55,32,34,70. These are all E-town scoring plays.

 

Another number: 4. FS turnovers.

 

E-town had 490 yds of total offense, FS 350. (subject to correction after review)

 

Last number for now....20. That's about how many seconds it took Coach Preston to get the Cats in the locker room for a post game "chat".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.