Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Pike say Bengals Will Be the Most-Blitzed Team in the NFL

Featured Replies

If I'm not mistaken Dalton has had one of the fastest two or three release times in the league the past few seasons. He'll be fine.
I look around the league, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the fans here hate Dalton. But then again, the members of this board are like that. I guess I should never be shocked. From an opponent's perspective, I'd take AJ under center everyday vs facing Dalton.
  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I look around the league, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the fans here hate Dalton. But then again, the members of this board are like that. I guess I should never be shocked. From an opponent's perspective, I'd take AJ under center everyday vs facing Dalton.

 

Agree with you 100%. Dalton is a solid QB and I think he could have a big year. He's a much better option than McCarron, as well as most other QB's in the league.

I look around the league, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the fans here hate Dalton. But then again, the members of this board are like that. I guess I should never be shocked. From an opponent's perspective, I'd take AJ under center everyday vs facing Dalton.

 

Really simple, he hasnt done the one thing that people in this town (fans of the team) want. Win a playoff game. He has had chances too and failed.

Really simple, he hasnt done the one thing that people in this town (fans of the team) want. Win a playoff game. He has had chances too and failed.
I get that. But as you advance in the tournament, the competition gets better. Maybe the whole wasn't as good as some expectations were. I think he's a top third of the league QB. But what do I know?
I get that. But as you advance in the tournament, the competition gets better. Maybe the whole wasn't as good as some expectations were. I think he's a top third of the league QB. But what do I know?

 

Key point, you have to advance in the tournament, he hasnt done that.

Key point, you have to advance in the tournament, he hasnt done that.

Well, the 4-12 teams don't make it so,,

AD's experience will be a plus. He has a quick release, but with that is not seeing everything when the pressure is amped and a CB sits on the out like Hargreaves did Friday. The positive on Friday (albeit a Preseason game and it is very vanilla game planning by both sides) was the runnig game looked better than any time last year. That will stop some pressure. A healthy Gio and Eifert is huge. Dumping to Gio on blitzes and Effect quick over the middle will make teams pay.

 

Green is Green he will get double teamed, rookies never are calculated in my thinking, anything they give is a plus. Boyd and Core are the keys, also.

 

AD is a top third tier QB. I know he hasn't won a playoff game. but really only the San Diego on eis the one he choked away, the rest they were outmanned. We never played the Steelers two years ago in the playoffs, that game did not happen in my mind.

 

But no excuses for A, he hasn't won one.

Well, the 4-12 teams don't make it so,,

 

Ha ha very true, and in Bengals country the 11-5 teams done either.

I look around the league, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the fans here hate Dalton. But then again, the members of this board are like that. I guess I should never be shocked. From an opponent's perspective, I'd take AJ under center everyday vs facing Dalton.

 

You're making way too much sense here... just stop it, lol! I'm not suppose to ever agree with a Steelers fan.

When I watch the Bengals, the thing that jumps out at me is that if Eifert or Green are not on the field, The Bengals offense is anemic. The defense has been more than adequate, but IMO, Dalton has not had the weapons (or OL) of the other AFC contenders, so I don't think put the lack of playoff success on his shoulders.

I hope the Bengals get blitzed a lot. Their biggest (only?) question mark is the offensive line. I'm not as worried as others, but recognize that most of the starters on the o-line are not proven.

 

Whether you like him or not, Dalton is a veteran QB at this point his career with a lot of weapons. Surely he'll be able to predict the blitz & get rid of the ball quickly, which generally isn't a problem for him. If he can get the ball out to the talented skill players in one on one coverage, I think the Bengals' offense is explosive enough & they win a lot of games.

 

As quick of a release as Andy has. Statistically he has been one of the worst qbs in the nfl when teams bring 5 or more rushers. He is not good against the blitz. When people bring the blitz and have pressure in his face especially up the middle he struggles.

I look around the league, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the fans here hate Dalton. But then again, the members of this board are like that. I guess I should never be shocked. From an opponent's perspective, I'd take AJ under center everyday vs facing Dalton.

 

Why? I believe in 6 years which is 12 games against the Steelers Dalton has scored more than 20 in 3 of them. Shoot out of his only 3 wins against the Steelers. 2 of those wins came with the Bengals scoring only 16 points. So yeah not sure what scares you with Dalton. He and the Bengals are horrible against you all, no matter what Dalton has around him. At worst McCarron had looked at least equal to Dalton in one and a half games against you all, and he did that without as much experience against you all.

Why? I believe in 6 years which is 12 games against the Steelers Dalton has scored more than 20 in 3 of them. Shoot out of his only 3 wins against the Steelers. 2 of those wins came with the Bengals scoring only 16 points. So yeah not sure what scares you with Dalton. He and the Bengals are horrible against you all, no matter what Dalton has around him. At worst McCarron had looked at least equal to Dalton in one and a half games against you all, and he did that without as much experience against you all.

 

The Steelers defense during Dalton's career has been very good. There are probably only 3 or 4 games a year that any opponent scores more than 20 against them. How many points did the Bengals score against the Steelers in the games AJ played QB? I don't think points scored in a game is the way anyone should try to compare these two.

The Steelers defense during Dalton's career has been very good. There are probably only 3 or 4 games a year that any opponent scores more than 20 against them. How many points did the Bengals score against the Steelers in the games AJ played QB? I don't think points scored in a game is the way anyone should try to compare these two.

 

I think Pittsburgh fans would even disagree with you about their defense being very good during Daltons career. Against the Bengals and Dalton they been great, against the rest of the nfl not so much. During Daltons first two years they were great. The last 4 not so much. They were even in the bottom 5 of the nfl in pass yards given up two of those years. Also 4 of the last 6 years they have averaged giving up more than 20 points a game. So I think your 3 or 4 games a year is off. They just look dominant on defense against the Bengals though. Pittsburgh defense is getting better again now and on way back to being a top 10 defense again eventually.

 

I know McCarron could suck and make me wish Dalton was here, because there is no guarantee. I am just at that point where I am ready to take that risk.

Tony Pike (former UC QB) reporting on Bengals camp says that teams will blitz the Bengals non-stop this year because the skill players are so good and the OL is that bad.

 

Says no team will allow Dalton to have time since the OL has been terrible in practice. It was so bad today that Marvin stopped practice after numerous sacks of both QBs and false starts and interceptions and mis-timed handoffs.

 

Could the OL wreck a decent team?

Well Duh!

 

the weakest link of this team the last few years has been the OL. So what do the mental midgets in the front office do? They let their only 2 good OLinemen go via free agency.

 

Dalton is already horrible when he gets pressure so how do you think he'll be this year? Even worse. Shoot he threw a couple picks yesterday IN PRACTICE where he can't even get hit.

 

Yea the only only good thing for the Dalton lovers this year will be they will hang their hat on the OL for Dalton sucking.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.