Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tony Pike say Bengals Will Be the Most-Blitzed Team in the NFL

Featured Replies

So in other words, it will be the same old Bengals.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pike says the line play is having an effect on the QB play. Dalton was picked off a couple of times in practice with rushed throws and AJ did not even break the huddle correctly twice in a row and was made to do it again until they could get it correct.

 

So either the Bengals defense became world-beaters and unstoppable or the OL is just awful.

 

I will go with more of what i seen in a pre season game against a team who has not seen the same players every day for a month. Which the Bengals first team line played the whole half and didn't look bad at all. Great no, but not bad either.

To answer the original question, absolutely a poor offensive line can ruin a good team. I believe it is one of the more underrated areas on a football team. It is why offensive tackles have become so well paid in the NFL.

So in other words, it will be the same old Bengals.

 

It's a scary thought.

 

All kidding aside, I am pumped about my team, who knows what the 2017 Bengals bring us.

To answer the original question, absolutely a poor offensive line can ruin a good team. I believe it is one of the more underrated areas on a football team. It is why offensive tackles have become so well paid in the NFL.

 

Tackles are amazing considering the guys they have to handle in the NFL.

I hope the Bengals get blitzed a lot. Their biggest (only?) question mark is the offensive line. I'm not as worried as others, but recognize that most of the starters on the o-line are not proven.

 

Whether you like him or not, Dalton is a veteran QB at this point his career with a lot of weapons. Surely he'll be able to predict the blitz & get rid of the ball quickly, which generally isn't a problem for him. If he can get the ball out to the talented skill players in one on one coverage, I think the Bengals' offense is explosive enough & they win a lot of games.

It's a scary thought.

 

All kidding aside, I am pumped about my team, who knows what the 2017 Bengals bring us.

 

I would love to see what Mixon would do with a good offensive line. I really liked what I saw out of him on Friday night.

So in other words, it will be the same old Bengals.

 

It could be, all depends on the young lineman.

It's a scary thought.

 

All kidding aside, I am pumped about my team, who knows what the 2017 Bengals bring us.

 

Saying same old Bengals has a different tone to it now though. This could be the 90's for pete's sake.

I'm still blown away the Bengals let two All Pro offensive lineman walk. Keep one and eat the cost you'd have to pay.

I'm still blown away the Bengals let two All Pro offensive lineman walk. Keep one and eat the cost you'd have to pay.

 

The Bengals are gambling. Nothing else has worked in the postseason so why not...

I'm still blown away the Bengals let two All Pro offensive lineman walk. Keep one and eat the cost you'd have to pay.

 

Whit had out wore his welcome. Hey they let Smith go and signed him back for almost nothing.

Whit had out wore his welcome. Hey they let Smith go and signed him back for almost nothing.

 

Whit was also a top 5 LT in the league and was protecting the QB's back side.

If I'm not mistaken Dalton has had one of the fastest two or three release times in the league the past few seasons. He'll be fine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.