BluegrassPreps Class 1A Pre-Season Rankings (Discussion)

Ram

Didn't expect Bracken County to be that high honestly. They lost a lot last year but still have a solid group of kids returning with great new coach. Rankings are always a year behind, but I think the Polar Bears have a chance to go undefeated in the regular season.

YOOOZA! :eek::eek::eek:

That's a 6.5 hour drive one way! Surely they are meeting in between like Corbin and Mayfield do!

It is during Fall Break. I'm guessing they may be making a couple of days out of the trip, maybe even a college visit (I have no knowledge, just guessing).

Does anyone know what position the coach kid plays?

Word around hiring time was that the young man was an athlete. Defensively a stud linebacker, and offensively a power running hybrid QB that throws well enough to keep defenses honest. Could also see him in other positions, but too good not to have him on the field. I speak from rumors, not from first hand knowledge.

In each of the last two seasons Bishop Brossart has not been mentioned in preseason discussions. Again, this year it's more of the same. As the season goes forward I predict we will see Brossart move into the top 10. Although I believe the hiring of Coach Brausch (sp) at Bracken greatly improves their winning potential, I also believe in Coach Wiggins and his staff are doing the right things to make Brossart successful. This district game will be exciting to watch. The running game with Bezold, the passing game with Donnelly, is a nice 1-2 punch any coach would love to have. Losing Martin and Blank up front hurts but someone will step in and fill the void. Good luck this season!