Location of All "A" Classic Tournament

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't mind this at all.

I know people are not taking me serious but it totally makes sense. With people coming and going after each session it would hold it no problem. We have no chair back seats so all tickets would have to be the same price I assume.

Stan and Mike Reeves run a tight ship on press row.

There is little or NO showing of display of rooting for a specific team while seated there.

Nor should they be. If you want to root for your team, buy a ticket and sit in the stands. When I started keeping book this is one thing that I said they I would try to never do.

I know people are not taking me serious but it totally makes sense. With people coming and going after each session it would hold it no problem. We have no chair back seats so all tickets would have to be the same price I assume.

Location wise for the rest of the state it doesn't make sense.

Location wise for the rest of the state it doesn't make sense.

Neither does Owensboro but it has been mentioned several times on here. The Fieldhouse has proved in the past for big games, many locals show up. Great area for Basketball fans from all over who just want to watch good basketball.

The Fieldhouse as a venue could hold it and would be a great venue to host. However, not near enough hotel rooms in Maysville and to far from a major highway without easy access to Maysville.

All A History played at Memorial which is in Lexington, McBrayer which is right off 75 and Frankfort Civic which is off 64.

How about Regents Hall at NKU, PLENTY of hotels and easy access. Plus being only 10 minutes from my palatial Bellevue estate, I could sleep in my own bed every night.

You do need your beauty sleep. As much as possible.

Does whatever the rule is about not being at a D1 college facility apply to regents and/or memorial? I guess memorial would be out since the UK women play there.

Neither does Owensboro but it has been mentioned several times on here. The Fieldhouse has proved in the past for big games, many locals show up. Great area for Basketball fans from all over who just want to watch good basketball.

Owensboro is more central than Mason Co.

no doubt they have the facility.

The Fieldhouse as a venue could hold it and would be a great venue to host. However, not near enough hotel rooms in Maysville and to far from a major highway without easy access to Maysville.

All A History played at Memorial which is in Lexington, McBrayer which is right off 75 and Frankfort Civic which is off 64.

There are 6 or so hotels in the Maysville area so I do not think it would be a problem. The only reason I'm against having the tournament at a college is because, it's college and it would be hectic.

Six hotels to host 32 teams and 32 sets of fans?

I think you're overstating a bit. after one day half of the teams are gone. And it's not like it's the sweet 16. Many fans won't stay the night because of school and work the next day. I relooked up hotels and there are 7 hotels in Maysville and there are 4 in the Ripley-Aberdeen area which is just a short 5 min. drive. I don't think hotels would be an issue.