Songs you haven't heard in a long time until......

We had a compilation album called "24 Original Happening Hits" from 1967 at our house when I was quite young, and I probably played it a million times before I had even turned 6.

I still have it, and on the back cover is still where I wrote my name in pen with the word "Loves" right before the song title "I Who Have Nothing" by Terry Knight & the Pack.

I loved the whole album, but it's the only song on the back cover that I specifically marked.

It blows my mind to think that I, as a five year old, was so taken by such a mellow dramatic tune?

Song_listings_on_back_cover.jpg

24_Original_Happening_Hits.jpg

Out of my reception range, but I'll have to put some TJ into my You Tube Red rotation, just for the videos. What a showman, and Sir Thomas still has the pipes! I'd pay to see him. Thanks for the memories.

Love Tom Jones. One of my favorites. Great entertainer. His rendition of "Green Green Grass of Home" is my favorite.

Third one was this one. I always loved Sly & the Family Stone and this was always a favorite. Can't believe I haven't listened to it in a long while. When I think Funk, I think Sly & the Family Stone.

One of the things I love about my job, is the totally random music they play. Was just going to post "If You Want me to Stay." Larry Graham with one of the best bass lines ever.

This one popped up just the other day too. A perfect top down, summer cruisin' song.

"Hot Fun in the Summertime" - Sly and the Family Stone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NVVe1DkVsQ&index=2&list=RDJn2PNlhvy8E

Glad to have found another funk fan. :up:

Edited by Runcible Owl

My dad took mom to see him at the Cincy Gardens(?) back in the '60s. I don't think he spoke to her for a couple of days after that.

Similar story. My mom has always been crazy about Tom. Mom and stepdad went to see Tom in Lexington back in the seventies. Got into a big fight later that evening on the way home. He ripped up mom's program . He slept on the couch for about a week.

Another Yacht Rock gem: 99 by Toto

(I know that Toto gets the credit, but I'm pretty sure this was written by Maxwell Smart.)

[video=youtube;qhw-XlTMB5I]

I guess you're right. I'm addicted to the Yacht Rock stuff. I confess. Like you, I can't get enough. I love Toto and respect the heck out of Steve Lukather's guitar genius.