Warriors 129 Cavs 120 (Game 5)

How many times has LeBron lost in the Finals?

[ATTACH]62251[/ATTACH]

How many times has he been there?

Durant 35.2 PT's 8.4 rbs. 5.4 asst

James 33.6 PT's 12 rbs. 10 asst

triple double he was robbed!! Lol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to bring the hot take guy. But can you be the best player on the planet when your team got get beat in 5. I know the triple double but still was the tourch passed. Hot take in the moment but man did Durant look awesome.

Pretty simple, you even noted the difference in your post. One is a player accolade, the other a team accomplishment. Best player, not best team.

Pretty simple, you even noted the difference in your post. One is a player accolade, the other a team accomplishment. Best player, not best team.

But when you have a great team the one sport where the best player should win is the NBA.

Let's call it what it is. GS is forcing the revolution of the game. It is no longer about having a PG that can dish, a wing that can score, a PF that can board and a C that can protect the rim. It is now about having as many guys that can score as you can put on your roster. It doesn't matter how great your best player is if you can't go blow for blow against an opponent that can rip of a 17-4 run between commercial breaks with regularity.

The game is changing before our eyes. Enjoy it...

But when you have a great team the one sport where the best player should win is the NBA.
And he does win except when he faces the team with the second best player, a top 5 player, a top 15 player, and a top 20 player. How could you possibly believe that losing this series is an indictment on Lebron? You're out of you mind.

I am going to bring the hot take guy. But can you be the best player on the planet when your team got get beat in 5. I know the triple double but still was the tourch passed. Hot take in the moment but man did Durant look awesome.

With all due respect to KD and LBJ, that's just a dumb stance. If KD is not on the Warriors, Cleveland wins that series.

KD could not put a team on his back and win a championship, so he went to that team he couldn't overcome. Fantastic, awesome player, but he was able to do what he did because of the talent he teamed up with. LBJ is still the King. justsayin

And he does win except when he faces the team with the second best player, a top 5 player, a top 15 player, and a top 20 player. How could you possibly believe that losing this series is an indictment on Lebron? You're out of you mind.

I agree. Golden State is just better. Besides game 1, I thought Cleveland gave it their all and brought their A game.

But to play's Devil's Advocate, this is not LeBron and a bunch of scrubs. This is a team (Cleveland) with three max contract players with a full-on cast that LeBron assembled. So indirectly you could say it is an indictment, in that sense.

I agree. Golden State is just better. Besides game 1, I thought Cleveland gave it their all and brought their A game.

But to play's Devil's Advocate, this is not LeBron and a bunch of scrubs. This is a team (Cleveland) with three max contract players with a full-on cast that LeBron assembled. So indirectly you could say it is an indictment, in that sense.

I understand that and I think you could definitely make the argument that the loss was an indictment...

If they loss to the Celtics, not to one of the greatest teams in NBA history. The Cavs are extremely top heavy. They have very little depth and the depth they do have is more of in name only I.e. Deron Williams. If his name wasn't Deron Williams I'm not sure he would still be in the league even though he had a decent game last night. The Warriors can almost go 12 deep. I mean what exactly is Lebron supposed to do when up against that? They lost to a vastly superior team IMO. How many vastly superior teams did Jordan go up against in the finals? Jordan lost to all of the superior teams early in his career.

I understand that and I think you could definitely make the argument that the loss was an indictment...

If they loss to the Celtics, not to one of the greatest teams in NBA history. The Cavs are extremely top heavy. They have very little depth and the depth they do have is more of in name only I.e. Deron Williams. If his name wasn't Deron Williams I'm not sure he would still be in the league even though he had a decent game last night. The Warriors can almost go 12 deep. I mean what exactly is Lebron supposed to do when up against that? They lost to a vastly superior team IMO. How many vastly superior teams did Jordan go up against in the finals? Jordan lost to all of the superior teams early in his career.

To buffer my earlier point, maybe not hold the franchise hostage in ensuring his buds Tristan Thompson, JR Smith, et al. are given higher than deserved deals?

In fairness, it may have not mattered as Golden State is that good.

With all due respect to KD and LBJ, that's just a dumb stance. If KD is not on the Warriors, Cleveland wins that series.

KD could not put a team on his back and win a championship, so he went to that team he couldn't overcome. Fantastic, awesome player, but he was able to do what he did because of the talent he teamed up with. LBJ is still the King. justsayin

How many titles does LBJ have if he didn't chase a title and go to Miami.