Hamidou Diallo Will Return to Kentucky

HammerTime

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it's ridiculous to predict an unbeaten season.

IMO, if 2015 could not accomplish it, no one will. To think how close they were to that is unbelievable. Since 1976 I feel like there were only two teams that came close enough that they SHOULD have been unbeaten. 1991 UNLV and 2015 Kentucky.

And '76 Indiana had to have some luck to do it. They won several close games but none no closer than the win over Kentucky. It's been a long time but if memory serves me correctly they were able to win on a Kent Benson slap-in basket as he was falling backwards to the floor. Yes, that's right------it wasn't a shot or a tip, he basically slapped at the ball while nearly horizonal in the air while falling and it miraculously went in for two points. It was the difference in victory or defeat. Also, I'm not sure but I believe the game went into overtime as well.

College basketball trivia:

Both of those teams lost in the Final Four and not the Championship Game.

Duke won the title both of those years.

Served that one up for you, right across the plate. :lol2:

And '76 Indiana had to have some luck to do it. They won several close games but none no closer than the win over Kentucky. It's been a long time but if memory serves me correctly they were able to win on a Kent Benson slap-in basket as he was falling backwards to the floor. Yes, that's right------it wasn't a shot or a tip, he basically slapped at the ball while nearly horizonal in the air while falling and it miraculously went in for two points. It was the difference in victory or defeat. Also, I'm not sure but I believe the game went into overtime as well.

His "slap shot" tied the game to send it into OT. UK was killing clock with a two point lead and for some unknown reason Larry Johnson decided to take the ball to the rim to score with about :20 left. He missed. :puke:

IU went down and the miracle slap occurred. If the Cats had held on the only 2 losses for the Hoosiers in those two years would have been to KY. Bobby Knight would have committed suicide. :thumb:

College basketball trivia:

Both of those teams lost in the Final Four and not the Championship Game.

Duke won the title both of those years.

Never thought about that

So chances are UK wins it all this year(2017-18)-40-0

Duke the following year for sure(2018-19)

UofL(2019-20)

I would be okay with all of those scenarios

Basically the same comments as always. We will be loaded, can't wait for October, etc. Then they lose a few games, people go crazy. They say the players suck and don't care. Then come March UK is playing it's best.

My prediction UK looks great early against good competition. They win on talent alone and not great execution. They go to conference play, and lose a few. Then learn that they actually have to fix somethings. People panic. Then the team is a top 1 or 2 seed come March with a great chance to win it all.

35 and 5 National Champs.

UK will obviously be talented but I'm not sure the roster is constructed all that well. Will be very interesting to see how Cal tries to fit together the pieces...

And this is where I will base my trust when predicting UK's season.

UK will obviously be talented but I'm not sure the roster is constructed all that well. Will be very interesting to see how Cal tries to fit together the pieces...

I see them being incredibly long and athletic, should be outstanding defensively, but I don't see a consistent offensive guy outside of Knox and very little shooting....Am I way off?

I see them being incredibly long and athletic, should be outstanding defensively, but I don't see a consistent offensive guy outside of Knox and very little shooting....Am I way off?

Pretty on point. I think Washington will be a factor on the offensive end as well, but they have little shooting prowess on the perimeter with little depth and outside of PJ not much scoring punch at the 4 or 5. You win in college hoops today with 4 or 5 guys at all times on the floor that can score. Will likely be a lot of times this roster maxes out with 3...

Pretty on point. I think Washington will be a factor on the offensive end as well, but they have little shooting prowess on the perimeter with little depth and outside of PJ not much scoring punch at the 4 or 5. You win in college hoops today with 4 or 5 guys at all times on the floor that can score. Will likely be a lot of times this roster maxes out with 3...

@gametime, Baker seems to be able to stroke it and probably the best shooter on the team right? Do you see him getting significant minutes? I know you are not on staff, but you know a lot about most of these guys, so I wanted to see what you thought about Baker. I know he wont start, but could he be the guy that comes off the bench and provide some scoring from deep?

@gametime, Baker seems to be able to stroke it and probably the best shooter on the team right? Do you see him getting significant minutes? I know you are not on staff, but you know a lot about most of these guys, so I wanted to see what you thought about Baker. I know he wont start, but could he be the guy that comes off the bench and provide some scoring from deep?

I never scouted him in person, but he does seem to have the ability to stretch the defense. Could be a critical factor if he adjusts and can show the ability to knock down shots off the bench. Still, a lot to ask of one guy to carry the load from 3 in a bench rotation role...

Don't forget the 3 point ability of one Brad Calipari? Did he graduate?