Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Handicap Stickers

Featured Replies

@mexitucky I'm going to throw another one out at you I find just as frustrating. People using service dogs. I see so many at the airports now it is ridiculous. While many have the need for one, most appear to be normal folks who went on line and bought a service vest for their dog and off they go. Free flights for the pooch!

  • Replies 91
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
@mexitucky I'm going to throw another one out at you I find just as frustrating. People using service dogs. I see so many at the airports now it is ridiculous. While many have the need for one, most appear to be normal folks who went on line and bought a service vest for their dog and off they go. Free flights for the pooch!

 

I personally know people who do that. It is so easy to get a dog registered that they do it for exactly that. Another reason is to take them to public beaches. I can't stand that at all.

You are a better person than me. I judge and I would be upset if I needed a handicap spot to see a seemingly healthy person walk out of their car without any help/assistance when I need help/assistance.

Key word - seemingly.

Handicap stickers don't bother me so much as I don't know anything about most of the people that have them. The panhandlers that I see pushing wheelchairs all over town to get to an open corner or down the street to another panhandler during shift change burns my ears though. The wheelchair is just a dual purpose prop, one to help sale the "help me" campaingn and the other to give them something to prop their rear down on so they don't actually have to stand on the street corner for hours at a time.

Never thought we would need a handicapped sticker but now we do. It will be temporary....I hope.

Just because you can't exercise isn't an excuse to be so overweight you need a handicap sticker. Having a legit gland issue that causes you to gain and keep on weight is one thing but that is a very small percentage of the population.

 

Being overweight isn't always the disability, that's just all some people want to see. Two people with the exact same heart condition that keeps them from walking long distances or standing for very long...one if overweight and one isn't. Both would deserve the Handicap sticker, but only one is getting judged negatively if most of you saw them.

Being overweight isn't always the disability, that's just all some people want to see. Two people with the exact same heart condition that keeps them from walking long distances or standing for very long...one if overweight and one isn't. Both would deserve the Handicap sticker, but only one is getting judged negatively if most of you saw them.

I don't disagree. But the overweight person isn't overweight because of their heart condition.

I won't begrudge anyone a handicapped sticker. But I will side with mex to a degree. If you have a relative (or anyone of that ilk) who needs it, and you are without them, God help me, it gouges my very soul to see you park in those spots and prance like a sprite up to the front door. I'd like to pass a law that if you're caught in that situation you'd be cited. And if you got 2, you lose your privileges. Friggin' rakes me. Lazy bastards.

I don't disagree. But the overweight person isn't overweight because of their heart condition.

And all overweight people are disabled either. My point was two people with the exact same condition and you go right after the overweight person, which is what I said would happen. People see an overweight person and automatically assume that is their disability, when in nearly every case it is something else.

 

I have a good friend that is skinny as a rail, he has developed diabetes, has high cholesterol and high blood pressure...all things associated with people that are overweight. If he was overweight, the easy out would be to say he has no self control, but food isn't his issue....it is genetics.

I won't begrudge anyone a handicapped sticker. But I will side with mex to a degree. If you have a relative (or anyone of that ilk) who needs it, and you are without them, God help me, it gouges my very soul to see you park in those spots and prance like a sprite up to the front door. I'd like to pass a law that if you're caught in that situation you'd be cited. And if you got 2, you lose your privileges. Friggin' rakes me. Lazy bastards.

 

I think you can be cited for that, at least I've heard of it in some states. It should be illegal.

I think you can be cited for that, at least I've heard of it in some states. It should be illegal.
I wish it was enforced.
I wish it was enforced.

 

We don't enforce immigration, but I'm sure they will get right on this :lol2:

I didn't know one could operate a motor vehicle while wearing a straight jacket. Impressive!

 

Steer with knees and chin.

Im not sure if you were trying to be funny, but I laughed. :lol2:

The psych doctor said I was okay but his degree on the Wall said Holiday Inn

So your tinfoil helmet was prescribed?

Self prescribed

I know several people who have a family member that needs a sticker. What irks me is when they use it without the family member with them.

 

Then they get mad at me when I say something to them if I see them. I can't stand it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.