Simon Kenton

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only play 5 players at a time. While SK is deep, if another team has a very good starting five they can be beat. Heavy favorites no doubt.

SK's whole system is designed to fatigue the opposition, especially those starters playing heavy minutes.

I think I already have. There were whispers of it before the season had ended and I heard she told her now former coach last week. Getting this player still won't put Oldham near SK level. They may win their district though.

You are speaking about the Duke kid at Trimble. Everyone has heard this rumor. Why not come out and say it?

In all seriousness SK might have the three best players in the region with quality depth/youth around them. Even if one of the three was hurt and one got in serious foul trouble I still think they beat anybody in the 8th.

SK is good and the 8th is really really down.

In all seriousness SK might have the three best players in the region with quality depth/youth around them. Even if one of the three was hurt and one got in serious foul trouble I still think they beat anybody in the 8th.

SK is good and the 8th is really really down.

You do know that Harney is at Holy Cross now?

You do know that Harney is at Holy Cross now?

I actually hadn't heard that was official. Changes them some obviously...but really it just decreases their margin for error. SK still heads and shoulders above the rest of the 8th.

I am just glad all of these kids find better academic opportunities. That's what it's all about!

I remember all the grief SK got when she showed up last winter. Now, SK looks like HC's feeder program! I wonder what these kids say on Senior Night when asked about their favorite moment at XY school when they have been there only 6 months.

I will say it again these transfers are a joke. This is so out of hand and the KHSAA does nothing, yes someone will come on here and say they look into it thorough but in reality they do not.

I will say it again these transfers are a joke. This is so out of hand and the KHSAA does nothing, yes someone will come on here and say they look into it thorough but in reality they do not.

I agree when a kid goes to 3 schools. I think they should be aloud one transfer unless they move.

Did Harney go to HC bc Joe wanted her to bc he went there or felt the change was needed to showcase her skills more? Just curious and whatever the reason good luck to her.

Harney is already committed to Bellarmine. The need to showcase her skills for the next level is over. SK is a very strong contender to get to the state tournament again, HC, not so much.

SK is a very tough program to walk into in the middle of the year. Their offense and defence is dependent upon reading the opposition. That can't be learned in a few weeks and that may have been a frustrating experience for her. In addition, SK plays a switching man to man defence that looks like a zone, but is not. Most kids come from zone defenses and find difficulty in the transition.

I think they do look into it, but I think some more than others. I think the number and type of flags that are thrown up bring more scrutiny than others. For example, if you move multiple times, huge flag. And we've some have to sit out or at least go to appeals processes to get eligible. I think the language is just so vague (on purpose to protect the kids that actually do need the exceptions), that it makes it too hard to govern the others.