Simon Kenton

Well Kenton Co is a little different and has an advantage to be able to say that because of open enrollment across the schools. It's a nice perk.

You know it drives us crazy when others claim that open enrollment for KC students is the reason our teams at SK are good. Dixie has open enrollment and our GBB team is better than there's. Same for Woodland.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it drives us crazy when others claim that open enrollment for KC students is the reason our teams at SK are good. Dixie has open enrollment and our GBB team is better than there's. Same for Woodland.

I didn't say a thing about winning or losing at any school. I said Kenton has an advantage because of open enrollment within their schools. Are you saying that SK has never reap any benefit from open enrollment with their schools.

My point is saying that all the kids on the team are Kenton Co residents is pretty broad. It's insinuating all the kids went came up through the schools that feed that particular high school.

What if Camp Co was able to get kids from all over Camp Co legally and without tuition? What if Highlands was able to do that and say "well they all live in Camp Co!?

I get that it's the rules there and I don't care at all...but don't pretend its not an advantage! Its fine they do it. Be happy they do! It's a nice perk.

Just so everyone knows. Originally the state didn't take any stance on kids playing summer ball with another school prior to enrollment. The school itself may have such a rule that doesn't allow a kid to participate in summer activates if they are not enrolled (I could be wrong but I believe Highlands has this in place). Now, as of this year the State has changed their stance on that. A kid CANNOT participate in summer ball unless they are CURRENTLY enrolled in that school. Long story short, if they're playing summer ball with a team then their going to school there.

I consider Open Enrollment and Transfers to be separate topics.

Separate topics, but can have similar impacts.

Let's use Kenton co. What if any kid from Kenton could go to Beechwood without paying tuition?

Separate topics, but can have similar impacts.

Let's use Kenton co. What if any kid from Kenton could go to Beechwood without paying tuition?

Obviously Beechwood would be a lot better in football and it would be a huge advantage for them.

Now let's stay on topic.