39th District Meeting

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meeting tomorrow at Harrison County. There will also be a meeting with all the athletic directors in the region.

Does the Region AD meeting have to do with this issue, or is it just a standard AD meeting?

Talked casually with two of the ADs, both said a special meeting with the Commissioner was never part of this routine spring meeting which happens annually to take care of normal spring sports considerations. Perhaps all the chirping on this thread might have been unfounded speculation?

Talked casually with two of the ADs, both said a special meeting with the Commissioner was never part of this routine spring meeting which happens annually to take care of normal spring sports considerations. Perhaps all the chirping on this thread might have been unfounded speculation?

It did seem presumptuous to think that the Commish would be interested in such a meeting.

It did seem presumptuous to think that the Commish would be interested in such a meeting.
They must me at some point I assume. KHSAA Handbook clearly states if an agreement can not be met for district hosting the Commishoner shall decide.

Heard tonight at the Regional Tennis tournament that they had decided to do districts and alternating regional hosting with tennis like they do with basketball, baseball, soccer, etc..Maybe that was something Tackett had to be apart of?

If I read this correctly, they are changing the district site voting to a 2/3rds majority rather than everyone. So is that in response to the 39th district issue?

Directed that the competition rules be amended in baseball, basketball, soccer, softball and volleyball to require a 2/3 majority vote of those currently competing in the district tournament regarding future site selection.

If I read this correctly, they are changing the district site voting to a 2/3rds majority rather than everyone. So is that in response to the 39th district issue?

Directed that the competition rules be amended in baseball, basketball, soccer, softball and volleyball to require a 2/3 majority vote of those currently competing in the district tournament regarding future site selection.

Do you have a link to this?