39th District Meeting

OK!!!! I give up. I ask a question and never got an answer, just dislikes. People says anything they want about Mason and hosting of the tourney but I dare say a negative against Bracken and all I get is Dislikes and silence. I'm out. I get the message.

I get the dislike button for every post I make from the same user. LOL.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the dislike button for every post I make from the same user. LOL.

It's petty, for sure.

I've made tens of thousands of posts and read hundreds of thousands. But I've never given a dislike. Not once.

OK!!!! I give up. I ask a question and never got an answer, just dislikes. People says anything they want about Mason and hosting of the tourney but I dare say a negative against Bracken and all I get is Dislikes and silence. I'm out. I get the message.

Consider it a badge of honor.

As I've often said in the past, if a school has the facilities to host, they should host. More often than not, Bracken can handle the district. You will get no argument from me on that issue.

That being said, the 2017 district final was a different animal altogether. Many (myself included) thought this was the year for Bracken to get over the big blue hump. It was the perfect storm - Mason had lost a boatload of starters and had was struggling to stay at .500 on the season, Bracken's senior-laden class was led by a 3,000/1,000 local legend and was being touted as a regional contender, etc., etc. The Igloo wouldn't have come close to handling the crowd that showed.

As one of my Bracken County friends (and I have many) said at the game, "I'm for all things Bracken County, but there's absolutely no way this game could be at Bracken".

As I've often said in the past, if a school has the facilities to host, they should host. More often than not, Bracken can handle the district. You will get no argument from me on that issue.

That being said, the 2017 district final was a different animal altogether. Many (myself included) thought this was the year for Bracken to get over the big blue hump. It was the perfect storm - Mason had lost a boatload of starters and had was struggling to stay at .500 on the season, Bracken's senior-laden class was led by a 3,000/1,000 local legend and was being touted as a regional contender, etc., etc. The Igloo wouldn't have come close to handling the crowd that showed.

As one of my Bracken County friends (and I have many) said at the game, "I'm for all things Bracken County, but there's absolutely no way this game could be at Bracken".

Hey you got a dislike on that one too! ;)

IMO the "Igloo" should be the 8th Wonder of the World. It's a fantastic place, you get to take a school bus to the gym, walk forever and a day just to use the restroom, and then sit nice and cozy to everyone around you! Who wouldn't want to be there with crowds like that???