39th District Meeting

If I read this correctly, they are changing the district site voting to a 2/3rds majority rather than everyone. So is that in response to the 39th district issue?

Directed that the competition rules be amended in baseball, basketball, soccer, softball and volleyball to require a 2/3 majority vote of those currently competing in the district tournament regarding future site selection.

I'm sure it had a lot to do with it!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard tonight at the Regional Tennis tournament that they had decided to do districts and alternating regional hosting with tennis like they do with basketball, baseball, soccer, etc..Maybe that was something Tackett had to be apart of?

That is correct. The 39th hosted this season, and the 40th will be hosting next season. There hadn't really been a formal procedure before this year, so I think this will be a good plan.

It seems to be that, under the new rule, a majority vote sets the site selection plan. So if the vote is the same as it was last time, the boys basketball district tournament will be at Mason County every year.

Had a conversation with Jullian Tackett to clarify. Bracken County will still be able to host the district tournament.

You have a hot line to Mr. Tackett, do yea????
He said every school that CAN host the district tournament will have that oppurtunity. Also that schools can't "gang up" on each other to create a situation where one didn't have a chance.

He said every school that CAN host the district tournament will have that oppurtunity. Also that schools can't "gang up" on each other to create a situation where one didn't have a chance.

Serious question. Does Bracken really want to hold the tournament or is this just your opinion they do? Lets face it, it is alot of work to hold, gym is great but parking is terrible, scorers table only holds three people, restrooms are a mile away but the food is real good. Having this at Bracken really has not helped Bracken over the years but it sure did Augusta. You seem to be in the know about alot of stuff, so does Bracken really want the District?

What school wouldn't want to give their own kids the opportunity to play post season games at home? Bracken meets all the requirements listed by the KHSAA to host, so if once every four years they decide to host, then let them host.

Brooksville, I see that I got a dislike. Please realize, now way was I trying to offend you. I know you and know the kids probable want it there but really did not know if the higher ups really were interested in keeping it. Plus, do not know how the Bracken-AUgusta feud plays in this. I have no problem coming to BV, except for the scorers table but they always provide me with a table.

OK!!!! I give up. I ask a question and never got an answer, just dislikes. People says anything they want about Mason and hosting of the tourney but I dare say a negative against Bracken and all I get is Dislikes and silence. I'm out. I get the message.