KYSports.TV 2018 Top 10 Players

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would put Adam Kunkel higher.

He certainly outperformed Fredrick in the 9th Region Championship and was clearly the best player on the court that night.

Adam also led Cooper to runner up in the state championship.

If you go to CovCath you automatically move 3 spots higher

If you are going to put someone in have to take one out. Cobe Penny is the only one listed and he is in a tie for 10th that doesn't have a d1 offer. Do Jalen johnson or cager have a d1 offer? I would think Johnson possibly does.

Next up recruits and Pure Prospects will release a top 10-20 list soon if not already. Their list will differ from this list. The 2017 and 2018 classes really don't have the one standout guy that has separated himself from the rest (aside from Hollingsworth). They all are kinda mumbled together and with that being said; I don't know if there is a top ten. But it makes for good conversation though.

• 3 months later...

I've seen Adam kunkel this summer. It's hard to see anyone being better in the state this year. His commitment to Belmont is premature in my opinion if he wants to play D1. If he wants an education first, then congratulations to him and his family. That kid can play.

His commitment to Belmont is premature in my opinion if he wants to play D1. .

Belmont is a solid D1 school. It might not be in a major conference but they have a great coach and it is a great school with a solid basketball tradition

Belmont is a solid D1 school. It might not be in a major conference but they have a great coach and it is a great school with a solid basketball tradition

Couldn't agree more. 99.9% of school selection is where the player, not anyone else, feels comfortable and can see himself fitting in for the next 4-5 years. Amazes me how someone outside of the player and his family can judge whether someone is making the right school choice not to mention can assess that someone's decision is premature.

Best of luck AK and congrats on being Cooper's 1st D-1 basketball player! I know you'll do big things at Belmont after hopefully winning another 9th Region championship!

I've seen Adam kunkel this summer. It's hard to see anyone being better in the state this year. His commitment to Belmont is premature in my opinion if he wants to play D1. If he wants an education first, then congratulations to him and his family. That kid can play.

But did you watch everyone else play this summer? This class just doesn't have a clear cut leader as to best player IMO. They are all muddled together probably from 1-10. I've watched CJ Frederick, Jake Walters, Jay Scrubb, Andrew Taylor, AK, Mickey Pearson, Steven Fitzgerald and so on and so on. I think everyone mentioned above played well this summer. Mr. Basketball will be an interesting race this season.