Best All-Around Player on the Planet???

LeBron was tough today, I knew as soon as he shot that three when they were down 2 that it would be good. LeBron really does have that on/off switch so many people talk about others having.

As great as he is and has been I am still not ready to say he is better than MJ but he is getting closer and closer for sure. It's funny seeing the 30 and under crowd say that he is better than MJ. That always cracks me up. These young folks have no idea. When he passes MJ, we'll be the first to let the world know and I feel like if it ever does happen it will either be a worldwide unanimous decision or it won't happen.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As great as he is and has been I am still not ready to say he is better than MJ but he is getting closer and closer for sure. It's funny seeing the 30 and under crowd say that he is better than MJ. That always cracks me up. These young folks have no idea. When he passes MJ, we'll be the first to let the world know and I feel like if it ever does happen it will either be a worldwide unanimous decision or it won't happen.

Agreed, I'm not a MJ homer either but he is still the G.O.A.T.

LeBron is doing some unprecedented stuff on his own, he's definitely chipping away at the lead. I mean if nothing else he's been in the finals 6 years in a row and counting...that alone is pretty dang impressive.

• 2 weeks later...

Lebron's 39 the other night vs. the Raptors was the most casual 39 I've seen. On 14 FGA... Not to mention spinning the ball like a free throw then nailing a 3. Also did the fake sip of the beer in Game 1. It's like he's bored right now and just toying with the Raptors.

No one is going to give him credit bc we are numb to how good this dude is. Everyone got jacked up on Westbrook stats this year as he shot 38% FG and 26% on 3's in the playoffs when the NBA really starts. Lebron has the best numbers through the first 7 games in playoff history....240+ 60 and 50...but the MVP will go to a dude who hasn't played in a week.

No one is going to give him credit bc we are numb to how good this dude is. Everyone got jacked up on Westbrook stats this year as he shot 38% FG and 26% on 3's in the playoffs when the NBA really starts. Lebron has the best numbers through the first 7 games in playoff history....240+ 60 and 50...but the MVP will go to a dude who hasn't played in a week.

This year they are basing the MVP off of the regular season.

As they always do

And I know you realize that. But you keep referencing the MVP award and discrediting Westbrook for an early exit, or propping up LeBron because he has taken it to another level during the post-season, when it means nothing to the award. The reality is LeBron could average a triple double and be the run away MVP if he wanted. But he and the Cavs team coasted a good chunk of the year knowing how weak the Eastern Conference is. Most recognize LeBron as the best.

And I know you realize that. But you keep referencing the MVP award and discrediting Westbrook for an early exit, or propping up LeBron because he has taken it to another level during the post-season, when it means nothing to the award. The reality is LeBron could average a triple double and be the run away MVP if he wanted. But he and the Cavs team coasted a good chunk of the year knowing how weak the Eastern Conference is. Most recognize LeBron as the best.

I think it does discredit him. As you said Lebron, heck Harden, KD, and Kawhi probably could as well if that's what they were about. But it's about the playoffs. You say Lebron could average a triple double and be the run away MVP if he wanted?? So you're saying it's a stat award?

The MVP award is a regular season award?