Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Championship blame the officials for out come of game.

Featured Replies

And the " flagrant " that removed the Polish nightmare from the game ? Another bogus in favor of Unc call
Are you saying you don't believe that Karnowski made contact with Berry in the neck area with some force? Obviously inadvertently, but since "a flagrant foul can be unintentional...", that is immaterial.
  • Replies 72
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And the " flagrant " that removed the Polish nightmare from the game ? Another bogus in favor of Unc call

 

As the announcers pointed out after looking at the entire play in slow motion the initial "missed call" on this particular play was the strip and steal by Berry was clean. So the initial foul call did UNC no favors?

 

Flagrant does not have to be intentional and any contact around head and neck is going to be reviewed?

I Blame Karnowski for the Zags loss. Four missed layups in the first half, plus how many in the second half?

 

If your over 7 feet tall and one foot away from the basket, DUNK THE BALL!

If they are going to call flagrant ones for inadvertent contact, call them all. Don't let the officials determine when it's a foul and when it isn't. During the Oregon game Karnowski was raked across the eye on a shot attempt, he struggled with his eye for the remainder of the game yet no flagrant one. Write the rules to where it eliminates interpretation.

I don't necessarily believe that officiating determined the winner. I do believe that the game was officiated terribly. That crew seemed to want to make the game about them and not the players / teams that were competing for a championship. Both teams imo had plenty of reasons to complain. All one has to do is look at the number of calls, interruptions in the normal flow of a game to see what I'm saying...those guys were awful.

Certainly no "if only UNC wins" comment from me ....like nother poster came on early and quickly tried to stir he pot with. :rolleyes:

Edited by oldrambler

And now we get a glimpse as to why none of our youth are willing to try officiating.

I said it before and I will say it again ... I think the refs could have called more than they did. The players in the game refused to adapt to how the game was being called.

I said it before and I will say it again ... I think the refs could have called more than they did. The players in the game refused to adapt to how the game was being called.

 

You're right about the refs could have called more fouls than they did. But the players shouldn't have to adapt every 5-10 minutes or so. This entire season games have been called inconsistently. It's hard to adapt to that at the spur of the moment when you already have a game plan in place.

 

If there is no consistency with the calls why should the coaches and players even bother with studying game film to come up with a gameplan? They may as well just wing it and play pick up type ball. It's hard for a coach to actually coach a game when calls are completely inconsistent and it's even harder for the kids playing to figure it out. I don't care how the refs call a game, but calling an entire single game consistently would be a good start to improve things.

I agree. The 4th foul on Collins all he was doing was properly trying to gain position down low and the baseline official called him for an offensive foul, thats the one that stands out to me most. Also the fly by and one on the three pointer. How can guys adjust to how the game is being called when the legal stuff they are doing is being called illegal?

I said it before and I will say it again ... I think the refs could have called more than they did. The players in the game refused to adapt to how the game was being called.

 

Bingo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.