Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

QB Patrick Towles Pro day

Featured Replies

Patrick measured in at right 6'5 241 pounds and ran a 4.59 40. From what I read he had a great pro day.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect to PT, I think he'd have been a terrific TE prospect. A really solid move TE.

With all due respect to PT, I think he'd have been a terrific TE prospect. A really solid move TE.

 

Yep, he had big hands and a 33" vertical leap. He is quite the athlete. I wonder if it's too late to convert?

Yep, he had big hands and a 33" vertical leap. He is quite the athlete. I wonder if it's too late to convert?
He can take some abuse, evidenced by the punishment he took when he scrambled for CATS upon occasion.

He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.

He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.
So can Tim Tebow, would have been a terrific TE prospect. I think Terrell Pryor made a good choice and there are others that I think could have made the transition. Too outstanding an athlete not to.

Is he listed by anyone as a possible draft pick or is this going to be a free agent camp invitation?

He could be a much more productive TE than QB, but I can understand wanting to play QB.

 

Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...

Patrick measured in at right 6'5 241 pounds and ran a 4.59 40. From what I read he had a great pro day.

 

All the numbers are right, I sure hope we see him playing on Sunday.

I hope he gets drafted or makes a team as a free agent and sticks. However as a qb I just don't see it. You don't see hardly any 50% completion percentage qbs in college make the NFL as a qb. It wasn't like the problem was just playing for UK. His numbers at BC were pretty similar to his UK numbers. So if he struggled with completion percentage in college, I don't see that getting any better in the NFL with even smaller passing windows to throw into.

 

I hope I am wrong and he proves me wrong. He does have all the attributes in terms of size and stuff people like. Maybe the NFL could get more out of his potential than college teams did. He is a great person and would be amazing to see him make it and stick for awhile.

Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...

 

Unfortunately the NFL scouts are thinking, "Take it or leave it, Patty Ice."

Me too. Best job in the world is #2 QB. Get a mil or two a year to carry a clip board and hang around forever and have control of your faculties when you retire because you don't get hit that often. Ask Ben Utecht and Gronk about how beat up you get playing TE...PT is probably thinking...ummm...no to that...

 

Except he would have to be a lot better than what he has ever shown to be even a backup QB.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.