Scott 77 Harlan County 65 (KHSAA Sweet 16 First Round)

Maybe NKU's new Coach will Offer him! Time will tell....I still think Ben Weyer could of played for the Norse....
I'm with you, I think there are several NKY players that could play for the Norse but unfortunatley so far they aren't going after those players. I think S. McNeil could easily play for the Norse.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe NKU's new Coach will Offer him! Time will tell....I still think Ben Weyer could of played for the Norse....

I thought the same about Weyer. Maybe he just got really hot during last March and by that time had already signed with Bellarmine. Give me a team with Carson Williams, Ben Weyer, and Jake Ohmer any day. You got yourself the makings of a good team. With that being said, NKU is doing pretty well for themselves.

Congrats to Scott on a big win. Keep it rolling.

Regarding Jake and college opportunities, please keep in mind there are more factors than basketball. For Jake, and for schools looking at Jake.

Basketball is the number 1 factor and then there is a big drop off to the next. I realize that. But keep in mind finances, academics, good fit, etc are just a few of the things coaches and players have to consider before committing. I think University of Cumberlands is a GREAT fit for Jake.

I thought the Vinny Dumlao (sp) was instrumental early on in allowing Scott to dominate the first quarter.

Congrats to the Rupp PA for pronouncing his name correctly after the abuse it took at the Fieldhouse.

Another huge factor was Jake's ability to stay out of foul trouble.

I thought the Vinny Dumleo (sp) was instrumental early on in allowing Scott to dominate the first quarter.

Congrats to the Rupp PA for pronouncing his name correctly after the abuse it took at the Fieldhouse.

Another huge factor was Jake's ability to stay out of foul trouble.

I totally agree, scored 9 quick points. He roasted them Royals in the Regional tournament.

Congrats Eagles!

It is nice to see Scott High School have some large scale success.

They've had quite a bit of success the last few years or so. Two trips to State in baseball, with one final four. Two trips in Soccer with a finals appearance. 3 consecutive trips to state in Volleyball with a final four appearance. A two time state champion ladies diver. Two regional champs in wrestling this year, with 2 state placers. And a trip to the regional finals in football two years ago.

They've had quite a bit of success the last few years or so. Two trips to State in baseball, with one final four. Two trips in Soccer with a finals appearance. 3 consecutive trips to state in Volleyball with a final four appearance. A two time state champion ladies diver. Two regional champs in wrestling this year, with 2 state placers. And a trip to the regional finals in football two years ago.

Call me old school, there is football and basketball, then there is everything else.

Either way, Congrats to the Scott Eagles!

Call me old school, there is football and basketball, then there is everything else.

Either way, Congrats to the Scott Eagles!

I hear ya. Football and basketball certainly are the big two sports. It is nice to see Scott finally get over the hump in basketball. They've had a few really good teams, especially the one that ran into a great GRC team 5 or 6 years ago.

Ohmerr is good no doubt. Getting that many rebounds for a gaurd is crazy. But I believe this win for the eagles could be attributed to to Harlan counties poor shooting. Without being there, I don't know if they just shot poorly, or did Scott force them to take poor shots?

Congrats to Scott on the W and to the HC seniors on the schools first ever regional championship.

Playing in Rupp for both squads regardless of the outcome will provide fond memories for all involved for many years to come!

Keep soaring Eagles...hope the run continues! :thumb: