What is your school doing for State Bound teams and Students?

Buses for the county schools (Kenton and Boone) are really expensive and teams have to fund their own transportation and the costs are higher than what many people would expect.

Some districts pay for their extra-curricular transportation, while many schools have to fund raise and so forth to pay for their transportation.

I'm sure that the SK folks will take care of their girls team.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope each school can post what their respective schools are doing for their players and team.

I was just told SK is doing Nothing for their girls team.

No pep bus

No pep rally

No missing even a minute of school

No send off (short video played in the morning congratulating them) Seriously!!!

Lets see. Pep bus shows tremendous gratitude and appreciation. Not to mention it saves the students parking fee's, ensures a solid fan base and just simply means a lot to school spirit. Nope!!! not Kenton County

If they were out of town what in the world would they do about school? Miss the tournament? How about giving them a little break and help them pursue a life long dream?

The students can't enjoy the moment with the team? School and community spirit? Naaaa. I guess this school board and administration just simply don't have any.

Sour grapes?? Not really. I don't have a kid on the team but I remember the pep rallies, community support, school support and all that came with such trips and I find it terribly sad this school has made a very poor decision.

Team bus leaves at 4:30 for a big send off! You must have not got the memo?

GRC is taking the "Tour of Champions" today through all five of the elementary schools in Clark County. The team travels to each school for the elementary aged kids to greet the team and send them off with signs, cheers and goodies. For those that remember doing this with the 2014 team, they say it is one of the best memories they have from that trip. The team will be sent off from the high school tomorrow morning to make the trip to "The Bank"

Video of this is on FB. It is awesome. Boys teams also did this. They also had a team supper hosted by one of the parents. I usually help with these things but I am out of town. Really hate that I am missing all of the celebrations.

I hope each school can post what their respective schools are doing for their players and team.

I was just told SK is doing Nothing for their girls team.

No pep bus

No pep rally

No missing even a minute of school

No send off (short video played in the morning congratulating them) Seriously!!!

Lets see. Pep bus shows tremendous gratitude and appreciation. Not to mention it saves the students parking fee's, ensures a solid fan base and just simply means a lot to school spirit. Nope!!! not Kenton County

If they were out of town what in the world would they do about school? Miss the tournament? How about giving them a little break and help them pursue a life long dream?

The students can't enjoy the moment with the team? School and community spirit? Naaaa. I guess this school board and administration just simply don't have any.

Sour grapes?? Not really. I don't have a kid on the team but I remember the pep rallies, community support, school support and all that came with such trips and I find it terribly sad this school has made a very poor decision.

Yep. This sounds pretty accurate for Kenton County Schools.

Why does SK need a pep bus to go 10 minutes up the road to BB&T?

I dunno. Do all these kids drive? Might be a great gesture by the school to say will do our part by helping you get there.

I expect SK to have a good showing of support just wish the central office would make an effort