Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is your school doing for State Bound teams and Students?

Featured Replies

Buses for the county schools (Kenton and Boone) are really expensive and teams have to fund their own transportation and the costs are higher than what many people would expect.

Some districts pay for their extra-curricular transportation, while many schools have to fund raise and so forth to pay for their transportation.

I'm sure that the SK folks will take care of their girls team.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blast from the past.

 

Who besides me remembers the amazing bash that Clyde Barbour would host?

Mercer county schools are early release today and if the lady Titans advance to Friday, school is canceled

I hope each school can post what their respective schools are doing for their players and team.

 

I was just told SK is doing Nothing for their girls team.

 

No pep bus

No pep rally

No missing even a minute of school

No send off (short video played in the morning congratulating them) Seriously!!!

 

Lets see. Pep bus shows tremendous gratitude and appreciation. Not to mention it saves the students parking fee's, ensures a solid fan base and just simply means a lot to school spirit. Nope!!! not Kenton County

 

If they were out of town what in the world would they do about school? Miss the tournament? How about giving them a little break and help them pursue a life long dream?

 

The students can't enjoy the moment with the team? School and community spirit? Naaaa. I guess this school board and administration just simply don't have any.

 

Sour grapes?? Not really. I don't have a kid on the team but I remember the pep rallies, community support, school support and all that came with such trips and I find it terribly sad this school has made a very poor decision.

 

Team bus leaves at 4:30 for a big send off! You must have not got the memo?

GRC is taking the "Tour of Champions" today through all five of the elementary schools in Clark County. The team travels to each school for the elementary aged kids to greet the team and send them off with signs, cheers and goodies. For those that remember doing this with the 2014 team, they say it is one of the best memories they have from that trip. The team will be sent off from the high school tomorrow morning to make the trip to "The Bank"

 

Video of this is on FB. It is awesome. Boys teams also did this. They also had a team supper hosted by one of the parents. I usually help with these things but I am out of town. Really hate that I am missing all of the celebrations.

I hope each school can post what their respective schools are doing for their players and team.

 

I was just told SK is doing Nothing for their girls team.

 

No pep bus

No pep rally

No missing even a minute of school

No send off (short video played in the morning congratulating them) Seriously!!!

 

Lets see. Pep bus shows tremendous gratitude and appreciation. Not to mention it saves the students parking fee's, ensures a solid fan base and just simply means a lot to school spirit. Nope!!! not Kenton County

 

If they were out of town what in the world would they do about school? Miss the tournament? How about giving them a little break and help them pursue a life long dream?

 

The students can't enjoy the moment with the team? School and community spirit? Naaaa. I guess this school board and administration just simply don't have any.

 

Sour grapes?? Not really. I don't have a kid on the team but I remember the pep rallies, community support, school support and all that came with such trips and I find it terribly sad this school has made a very poor decision.

 

Yep. This sounds pretty accurate for Kenton County Schools.

Why does SK need a pep bus to go 10 minutes up the road to BB&T?

Quote! No missing even a minute of school

 

Why miss school when the BB&T is about 10/15 minutes from SK and SK plays at 6:30 pm on Thursday and Friday! Plenty of time to get from school to the BB&T.

  • Author
Why does SK need a pep bus to go 10 minutes up the road to BB&T?

 

I dunno. Do all these kids drive? Might be a great gesture by the school to say will do our part by helping you get there.

 

I expect SK to have a good showing of support just wish the central office would make an effort

  • Author
Team bus leaves at 4:30 for a big send off! You must have not got the memo?

 

Maybe the memo was re-written

They had a student bus for the 8tg region games.

 

And they had a rally and send off for the wrestling team last month for the guys that went to state.

Scott boys aren't staying in a hotel.

Edited by brooksville

Scott boys aren't staying in hotel.

 

Driving back and forth?

Driving back and forth?

For the first game yes. If they win I don't know.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.