George Rogers Clark 56 Mason Country 53 OT 10th region championship

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am going to go on record by saying if you have to win with transfers over homegrown kids then we have a problem. I am not from Mason or Clark county either. I am from Montgomery county and I went to school with Igo dad. Congrats to Clark county but I am not a fan of transfers to boost a specific sport. Don't care if it's basketball, baseball or any type of sport. Yes I am Mason22 only because I have a kid that go to Mason.

The way I look at is Mason County did it the right way all along and won this game.. you ether call the foul that caused the supposed walk or don't call anything. These girls have been together since early elementary school and it breaks my heart to see it end at the hands of someone else. All in all been a heck of a run.

Wanted to say best of luck to Mason Seniors. Some amazing ball players. I wish nothing but success to you all.

Soooooo proud of this Cardinal team! You kept focused and brought the title back to Winchester!

The way I look at is Mason County did it the right way all along and won this game.. you ether call the foul that caused the supposed walk or don't call anything. These girls have been together since early elementary school and it breaks my heart to see it end at the hands of someone else. All in all been a heck of a run.

There was no foul.

As you know I'm not going to be the first person to pick up the pom-poms and defend Mason County. But here it is:

This was the greatest run of Girls Basketball talent to come through Mason County, ever. They built up a possible 10th Region dynasty of girls from Maysville and nowhere else. They did it the right way: with dedicated players spending their half lives in the old downtown gym. And even more dedicated parents keeping these girls together since 2nd grade (you know who). They didn't get transfers.

And for everyone saying Mason County is "salty" about the loss. As a Bracken County fan I've seen my fair share of tough losses. It is hard seeing something come to an end like that that's been building up for so many years and you thought would be THAT team.

The trail official who is the furthest away from the play makes the call and there lies the problem. Why did the official under the basketball not make the call? Officials are taught to never make them selves decide the game. If the proper official makes the call, Mason fans are probably not as salty. Clark got the only official in that position on the floor in the state of KY to decide to take the game from Mason.