Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton at Dixie Predictions

Featured Replies

Must win for Simon Kenton?

 

Have to be smartin' after losing the lead and the game to Boone Co.

 

Has Dixie righted the ship, plugged the holes, and ready to set sail?

 

I think this one is a toss-up.

 

You?

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense wins ball games. But too little O puts too much pressure on even the best defenses and then they break. The Colonels looked great Defensively, but less than spectacular on O. With that said, I think Dixie pullls it out. I would not have said so last Friday night, but a little distance has given me a better perspective. SK is a good team for sure, but the loss to the Rebels surprised me. I would have expected them to roll over BC prior to seeing the results when I got home. Dixie will be much better each week from here on out. It will be another good game, but Dixie should prevail. Marty is running well, and some parts of the offense are working themselves out. Not sure what the hold up has been, but they seem to be coming around. Tom will have them ready for this week. Of that I have no doubt. See ya there.

SK will have to improve offensively from last week's showing, two first downs in the 2nd half just won't cut it. I think it will be a close game the winner will be in much better shape than the loser, that's certain.

It should be a good game, I'm not really impressed with Dixie yet, though they did roll over a bad Scott team. On the other hand SK's also not looking as good as some had thought, it's a toss up, I don't know, but think SK should win in my mind.

This one is hard to call. Had SK beaten Boone last week, I would've said SK regardless of the Dixie/Scott outcome. However, they didn't and Dixie played a solid game defensively for a change, and the offense looked a littled better. I really liked the defensive changes made, other than Maloney at safety. Offensively, they're still struggling with the passing game. However, I did like seeing Lucas getting more involved in the offense. I think he's the type of player that can make things happen with the ball in his hands. With that said, if I were a betting man, my money would be on SK this week. Dixie's offense still hasn't shown me anything to think they'll put up enough points to beat SK. However, I'm still confident Dixie can win this game if they bring their A game to the table.

 

As a side note, I'm curious to see how Gibson plays against his former teammates.

Dixie Heights 21-14.

I have seen both teams play this season and I think it'll be a great game. SK's O vs. Dixie's D promises to be a great matchup. I think what will determine the game will be SK's D vs Dixie's O. In that matchup, I gotta lean with SK. Dixie's offense looked sloppy last week against an inferior Scott. I'll give the edge to SK.

 

SK 21

Dixie 17

SK will have to improve offensively from last week's showing, two first downs in the 2nd half just won't cut it. I think it will be a close game the winner will be in much better shape than the loser, that's certain.

 

I agree with the need for SK's offensive improvement. I listened to the second half of the game last week and it seemed like Elbert was feeling pressure on just about every down. That was also what I saw in the Holy Cross game, and that is a pattern that needs to change for the offense to be more successful. I'm not sure it has reached a point where this is a must win for either team, but an SK loss would likely mean that they will have to win four of their last five games to have a good shot at the playoffs. Assuming no letdowns by either team, it will be a close game.

 

On a separate note, I watched a middle school game at the new Dixie field on Saturday. I liked the facility and enjoyed the experience. I'm curious about one thing...at the end of the home stands there is a walkway that leads up a slight incline to what appears to be a patio area just to the right of the concession building. Does anyone know what this area will be used for? Is this the designated tailgating area for SM32?

On a separate note, I watched a middle school game at the new Dixie field on Saturday. I liked the facility and enjoyed the experience. I'm curious about one thing...at the end of the home stands there is a walkway that leads up a slight incline to what appears to be a patio area just to the right of the concession building. Does anyone know what this area will be used for? Is this the designated tailgating area for SM32?

 

I believe it's suppose to be designated for alumni (at least that's what I've heard). Therefore, SM32 is not allowed up there because he is the wrong color colonel. :p

As a side note, I'm curious to see how Gibson plays against his former teammates.

 

This will be a very emotional game for Tommy Gibson. I look for him to have his best game of the year.

This will be a very emotional game for Tommy Gibson. I look for him to have his best game of the year.

 

 

What # is he this year?

What # is he this year?

 

# 5, Thats him on the front of BP when ya log on . Nice picture , he'd look better in RED !!!:D

# 5, Thats him on the front of BP when ya log on . Nice picture , he'd look better in RED !!!:D

 

 

That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure. Thanks! :thumb:

# 5, Thats him on the front of BP when ya log on . Nice picture , he'd look better in RED !!!:D

 

Why did he leave Dixie?

Why did he leave Dixie?

 

 

I was told his dad was called into duty for at least one year, and he went to live with his aunt (??) in Independence. Being only a junior and the situation, I guess it's possible that he didn't have a means to which to commute to Dixie.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.