Mayweather vs McGregor

Question....if it happens how does Floyd win? Knockout or decision? And if it is a decision is it a moral victory for McGregor or just another sign that Floyd is the greatest technical boxer that has ever lived?

I think if Floyd wins it will be decision or Conor is out on his feet. I don't see him actually knocking Conor out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question....if it happens how does Floyd win? Knockout or decision? And if it is a decision is it a moral victory for McGregor or just another sign that Floyd is the greatest technical boxer that has ever lived?

Moral victory for McGregor if he goes the distance with the Champ. If it goes the distance I think it solidifies Money as one of the great defensive boxers of all time but also solidifies that he may be the weakest punching champ ever.

Beside Cash, the only good outcome for Mayweather (IMO) is to knock him out or TKO...if he can't knock out a non-boxer then that looks bad on his legacy.

Moral victory for McGregor if he goes the distance with the Champ. If it goes the distance I think it solidifies Money as one of the great defensive boxers of all time but also solidifies that he may be the weakest punching champ ever.

Beside Cash, the only good outcome for Mayweather (IMO) is to knock him out or TKO...if he can't knock out a non-boxer then that looks bad on his legacy.

Everything you said in this post is true, and why I can see Mayweather wiggling his way out of the fight... unless the money is too much to refuse and he knows that he will cruise to victory.

Outside of an early round (T)KO it is a mark against Floyd.

Everything you said in this post is true, and why I can see Mayweather wiggling his way out of the fight... unless the money is too much to refuse and he knows that he will cruise to victory.

Outside of an early round (T)KO it is a mark against Floyd.

That's why I won't believe it until they are in the ring. All of this smoke recently I think is to make it look like Floyd wants this fight and it is UFC/Dana/McGregor that are holding it up expecting too much money. I think Floyd's people have set the money split so far apart, that they know UFC will never agree to it.

And let's be honest, as much as I loathe Mayweather, Conor wants/needs this fight a lot more than Money. Floyd can do nothing to enhance his legacy, only maintain or damage it.

Exactly...If I'm Connor/UFC I'd do it for just about whatever they offer if it is reasonable.

This fight could play out like Rocky and Mason "The Line" Dixon...Connor throwing Bombs and Floyd playing D and not taking him seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
I do not believe this will happen due to McGregor's contract with the UFC. If it did though' date=' Floyd would dominate![/quote']

I think even McGregor knows in a pure boxing match, he would lose. However he is smart in knowing his best chance at a huge pay day is to have this match even if he loses. This match alone he would make more money then he probably would his whole UFC career. Its good smart money making business on his part.

• 2 months later...

Dana White expects to have an executed agreement by Sunday with Connor McGregor for the Floyd Mayweather fight. He will begin negotiations with Floyd Mayweather and his team next week. "We're right there," he said.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fmarkazi_arash_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=cropArash Markazi, ESPN Senior Writer