Mayweather vs McGregor

If it was MMA Floyd would not win. Floyd knows that.

Agreed, top boxer versus top MMA fighter in the octagon would be a huge mismatch. Floyd might get lucky and clip him just right, but Floyd's lack of power would mean that Connor could probably eat a punch or two on the way in for a take down. Once Floyd or any boxer gets took down, in 95% of the fights it would be over.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wont matter if its MMA or not. Floyd will KO him in round 1 as soon as he gets close enough to be punched.

Floyd loses an MMA fight. He's got no MMA skills, and Mcgregor could take enough of Floyd's punches to get the fight to the ground. Floyd's not known as a big puncher, and has never had to defend takedowns, so I don't think Floyd could prevent Conner from taking him down eventually. Floyd ain't getting up once the ground game starts.

Agreed, top boxer versus top MMA fighter in the octagon would be a huge mismatch. Floyd might get lucky and clip him just right, but Floyd's lack of power would mean that Connor could probably eat a punch or two on the way in for a take down. Once Floyd or any boxer gets took down, in 95% of the fights it would be over.

The dude is 49-0 with 26KOs. I am not sure if you all understand just how fast these boxers are. Its not like they cant get on the ground and beat your brains in either. He will hit Connor about 3 times before he knows what hit him.

I say KO in round 1 regardless of what type of match.

The dude is 49-0 with 26KOs. I am not sure if you all understand just how fast these boxers are. Its not like they cant get on the ground and beat your brains in either. He will hit Connor about 3 times before he knows what hit him.

You evidently don't know how quick some of the MMA guys are either :lol2:

Once Floyd was on his back, Connor would pin down an arm and either submit him or beat him about the head until the ref pulled him off. If Connor got behind him it would be good night from a choke hold. My bet would be that in a MMA match that Floyd would tap out to an arm bar in less than two minutes.

Once Floyd was on his back, Connor would pin down an arm and either submit him or beat him about the head until the ref pulled him off. If Connor got behind him it would be good night from a choke hold. My bet would be that in a MMA match that Floyd would tap out to an arm bar in less than two minutes.

I doubt we will ever find out, but maybe.

I doubt we will ever find out, but maybe.

No top level boxer will jump into a MMA ring unless they take a year or two to train for it and give up boxing first. Just as Connor has a very very slim chance of beating Floyd in a boxing match. That said, I'd be willing to bet Connor has been hit harder in MMA than Floyd can hit him.

Yep. Obviously, Floyd is the better boxer, and Conner has the MMA advantage. So I look at who's better in their secondary skill. Mcgregor while not close to Floyd's skill, is at least a competent if not a decent boxer. Floyd's MMA skills are likely zero to none. You can't go into an MMA fight against one of the top guys with zero MMA skills. And no one is going to learn the necessary skills to be able to protect themselves in 4-6 months of training, not even a top athlete like Floyd.

Mcgregor will last a few rounds boxing Floyd. Floyd likely doesn't last a round with CM in MMA.

Floyd hasn't knocked anyone out in like 30 years. I'd be shocked if he knocks out McGregor.

"The McGregor side is done," White said. "I'm starting to work on the Mayweather side now. I'm not saying the fight will happen, but I got one side done. If we can come to a deal with (Floyd's manager Al) Haymon and Mayweather, the fight's going to happen."

If it does happen, White also said that it will be a "straight up" boxing match.

"The McGregor side is done," White said. "I'm starting to work on the Mayweather side now. I'm not saying the fight will happen, but I got one side done. If we can come to a deal with (Floyd's manager Al) Haymon and Mayweather, the fight's going to happen."

If it does happen, White also said that it will be a "straight up" boxing match.

That's never been in question.