Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Historic Manual Stadium

Featured Replies

if a light burns , it works. it costs like $6000 to replace all the bulbs, so, that not happening, new lights,,ie new technology, costs about $125,000, using the old light towers, I have heard of the possibility this may happen but dont remember if it was school board or brick money. The school board replaces dangerous lighting first, (southern). Someone needs to bite the bullitt and trip and fall due to poor lighting and we will be able to get something done. It should be someone young bbcause you guys heal faster, I nominate one the rams bros,, come on guys, take one for the team!

Anyhow, if anyone wants to help, they can buy a brick for a hundred bucks,, all the money goes into the stadium fund and is only spent on the stadium.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if a light burns , it works. it costs like $6000 to replace all the bulbs, so, that not happening, new lights,,ie new technology, costs about $125,000, using the old light towers, I have heard of the possibility this may happen but dont remember if it was school board or brick money. The school board replaces dangerous lighting first, (southern). Someone needs to bite the bullitt and trip and fall due to poor lighting and we will be able to get something done. It should be someone young bbcause you guys heal faster, I nominate one the rams bros,, come on guys, take one for the team!

Anyhow, if anyone wants to help, they can buy a brick for a hundred bucks,, all the money goes into the stadium fund and is only spent on the stadium.

Hey we bought bricks already, so no more injuries at Manual Stadium for us!! I kinda got stabbed by the padlock hinge on inner doors coimg down the steps inside of the press box two weeks ago. It bled and everything. Does that count?:lol:
if a light burns , it works. it costs like $6000 to replace all the bulbs, so, that not happening, new lights,,ie new technology, costs about $125,000, using the old light towers, I have heard of the possibility this may happen but dont remember if it was school board or brick money. The school board replaces dangerous lighting first, (southern). Someone needs to bite the bullitt and trip and fall due to poor lighting and we will be able to get something done. It should be someone young bbcause you guys heal faster, I nominate one the rams bros,, come on guys, take one for the team!

Anyhow, if anyone wants to help, they can buy a brick for a hundred bucks,, all the money goes into the stadium fund and is only spent on the stadium.

 

I'm going into the Stadium Lights business, and that is that.

What a great place to play and watch a high school football game. Alot of good memories on and off the field there. I am excited about the new stadium at St. X but I will miss Manual Stadium. I hope the city officials, school board and others recognize this historic place and treat it accordingly. As we are seeing a new arena go up downtown and a stadium going down at the fairgrounds I hope Manual Stadium endures. Maybe they will schedule a game every week there for schools who do not have the same great facility.

I believe we were on a "Five Year Plan" five or six years ago, maybe longer. Regardless, we are still waiting for the lights. I know Shawnee got new lights and they make a HUGE difference.

 

The nostalgia at Manual Stadium just touches you when you walk into the stadium and now with some more improvements to the fieldhouse, the history comes to life. Pictures of past teams and players surround the players "watching over" them as they sit on the benches. I still get chills before games as kickoff approaches and you look around the track and see people filing in the stands, band playing, cheerleaders forming the tunnel for the players to run through onto the field. Now that is football! :thumb:

Here is picture of the inside of the remodeled fieldhouse http://oldgoatsonline.com/locker.jpg

Here is picture of the inside of the remodeled fieldhouse http://oldgoatsonline.com/locker.jpg

 

That's beautiful, but won't that nice carpet get awful dirty at halftime?

I don't think it is a matter of labor H it is a matter of having the lights to replace them.

 

How much do lightbulbs cost? I realize they are probably special high intensity (mercury vapor, halogen, etc), but it doesn't seem like it should be that expensive to replace them. :confused:

How much do lightbulbs cost? I realize they are probably special high intensity (mercury vapor, halogen, etc), but it doesn't seem like it should be that expensive to replace them. :confused:

 

 

Looked at the lights Friday night. They aren't out. They are all working. The problem is that they are outdated. Please know that the boosters and football staff have done all they can do to get them replaced. The board has been promising for MANY years that it will be done. As for the carpet in the locker room, it is the square pieces and if they get overly dirty, they can be replaced.

dalen5,

 

I understand now. I remember someone saying that some of the bulbs had burned out (must have been incorrect). Adding or upgrading lights is a much more expensive proposition than just replacing bulbs.

 

:thumb:

dalen5,

 

I understand now. I remember someone saying that some of the bulbs had burned out (must have been incorrect). Adding or upgrading lights is a much more expensive proposition than just replacing bulbs.

 

:thumb:

 

 

H, I am the one who said the bulbs were out. At both the X/Lex. Cath. and the X/Fern Creek games at least 20% of the lights were not burning, and the non-functioning ones were at random locations on the light stands. Many people were commenting on this. If all of them are now operating, it sounds like someone took some corrective action. :cool:

Burt Reynolds played there too.... they should have filmed the Longest Yard there, that would have been cool.

I'm sure somebody has thought of this before, but why not a bowl-type thing of two games with proceeds going toward stadium upkeep? You could set it up to try and feature high-profile and high fan interest games/teams to maximize the turnout. Maybe even invite in an out in the state power who travels well.

 

Just thinking out loud.

Other questions:

How frequently is it used? Would it be feasible for it to host a "game of the week" where a public school hosts a game with a high-profile opponent that travels well — I think you see where I'm going — as a way to increase gates and get a portion for upkeep? Couple that with an aggressive fund-raising campaign hinging on selling the joint's history and I wouldn't think it would be too hard to help the place out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.