Was The National Championship More About Watson or More About Clemson?

GrantNKY

Great, great college QB.

But let's be honest. His WRs won that game on the last drive with two amazing catches.

Clemson is going to miss Watson without question and he seems like an easy kid to root for but I say the answer is "Clemson."

Great, great college QB.

But let's be honest. His WRs won that game on the last drive with two amazing catches.

Clemson is going to miss Watson without question and he seems like an easy kid to root for but I say the answer is "Clemson."

His WR's are gone now too. So it will be interesting to see how that offense looks next year.

Yep. OSU should have just lost to Indiana earlier in the year instead of MSU and that season would have been looked upon completely different. They both had poor performances against non power 5 schools (NIU for OSU and Troy for Clemson), both would have games where they blow a team out and then the next game almost lose to Indiana or NC State. Both teams were just looking forward to the playoffs. One had a slip up against a mediocre team and won a NC and the other lost on a cold, rainy night in November against a team that made the playoffs. It's a shame how that worked out.

Don't forget to mention that team the lost to had to play it's third string qb on the road at OSU.:D

Since this seems almost unanimously more about Clemson than Watson, how good do you expect them to be next year?

It is still a QBs game, but I expect Clemson to be really good. That was a talented group with many young players. They retool with the best of them.

It is still a QBs game, but I expect Clemson to be really good. That was a talented group with many young players. They retool with the best of them.

They lose their recieving core too and Clemson is just now starting to recruit at the level Bama, FSU, and OSU are. I think Clemson is a 9-3 maybe 10-2 team I see them losing to Auburn early with Clemson starting a new QB with zero experience and FSU because FSU is going to beat everyone. Then sprinkle a surprise loss in there too. That's still a great season, but I'm going to be very curious to see what happens to them next season. Was the Clemson team we saw most of this year the true Clemson or were they just looking forward to getting the playoff and didn't give every game maximum effort. It will be tough to tell until we see it play out on the field.