Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Theological Question

Featured Replies

Preaching from Judges chapter 4 tomorrow and this just popped into my mind. Does God deliberately punish people on earth for sins they commit on earth?

I don't know if punish is the right word, but I definitely feel God has looked the other way a time or two and just let some stuff happen to me on occasion. :lol2:

I don't think so. My reasoning is that if he did this, he would definitely do so to those that are most evil and not just to some of them. Why would he pick and choose?

It depends on what you mean by punish?

 

If someone murders someone, and they get caught and spend the rest of their life in jail, is that punishment?

 

Or do you mean, if someone commits adultery, God punishes them by giving them cancer or something like that?

 

If you're talking about the later, absolutely not.

I don't think so....hence the reason everyone has to answer at the end of this thing called life....cause in this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld, In this life, You're on your own....

I think so, yes. In a certain sense, my Catholicism binds me to that, but I think there is plenty to suggest that the answer is a definitive yes.

 

"For you have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin: And you have forgotten the consolation, which speaketh to you, as unto children, saying: My son, neglect not the discipline of the Lord; neither be thou wearied whilst thou art rebuked by him.

 

For whom the Lord loveth, he chastiseth; and he scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. Persevere under discipline. God dealeth with you as with his sons; for what son is there, whom the father doth not correct?"

- Hebrews 12:4-7

It has to be that if indeed God does punish earthlings it is for their own good and in a merciful effort to have them change their behavior.

I think yes. There is certainly a biblical basis for it. And from a personal standpoint, carrying the guilt of a sin you've been hiding is torture.

Dang, @Randy Parker, now what was so wrong with my response it earned a dislike? :lol2:

Dang, @Randy Parker, now what was so wrong with my response it earned a dislike? :lol2:

 

Sorry. I promise that was unintentional. When dislikes were introduced, I promised to give no more than one.

Sorry. I promise that was unintentional. When dislikes were introduced, I promised to give no more than one.

 

#quotamet

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.