Megyn Kelly Leaving Fox to Join NBC.

Wasn't sure if this belonged in the TV, etc. forum or here; as Fox News is such a frequent topic on here, as has been Megyn. Rumor's been out there for quite a while that she'd be leaving Fox, although I don't think it was expected to be so soon?

Told a friend the day after the first Republican debate that "That question was an audition for the networks, she was on the move to one of them" after her initial question/attack on Trump. Looking like that was accurate.

If she's leaving to spend more time with her family & kids as she says--Hat's off to her. Somehow I'm always skeptical of these TV type egos when they say something like that; but hoping she's sincere? Apparently turned down a $20 million contract from Fox, so either NBC ponied up big time, or she wanted out?

Guessing the MSNBC, CNN crowds will have a field day with this one, as one of Fox's golden girls leaves the Den! Thoughts?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't sure if this belonged in the TV, etc. forum or here; as Fox News is such a frequent topic on here, as has been Megyn. Rumor's been out there for quite a while that she'd be leaving Fox, although I don't think it was expected to be so soon?

Told a friend the day after the first Republican debate that "That question was an audition for the networks, she was on the move to one of them" after her initial question/attack on Trump. Looking like that was accurate.

If she's leaving to spend more time with her family & kids as she says--Hat's off to her. Somehow I'm always skeptical of these TV type egos when they say something like that; but hoping she's sincere? Apparently turned down a $20 million contract from Fox, so either NBC ponied up big time, or she wanted out?

Guessing the MSNBC, CNN crowds will have a field day with this one, as one of Fox's golden girls leaves the Den! Thoughts?

Very interesting. It does seem like she hasn't been on board with the pro Trump agenda from Fox so her leaving makes sense. Astute observation about the debate question. I'd say NBC ponied up big time and that all of the networks did their best to land her. Very pretty woman who commands attention. No brainer to bring her aboard if she is willing to leave the station that made her. We see media types leave all of the time though. Maybe Fox will hire Don Lemon to replace her. :lol2: :lol2:

Sorry, I couldn't resist the Don Lemon crack. :lol2:

Very interesting. It does seem like she hasn't been on board with the pro Trump agenda from Fox so her leaving makes sense. Astute observation about the debate question. I'd say NBC ponied up big time and that all of the networks did their best to land her. Very pretty woman who commands attention. No brainer to bring her aboard if she is willing to leave the station that made her. We see media types leave all of the time though. Maybe Fox will hire Don Lemon to replace her. :lol2: :lol2:

Sorry, I couldn't resist the Don Lemon crack. :lol2:

Don Lemon still sobering up from New Years Eve. :)

This had been rumored for months that Kelly was moving on at the end of her contract. She is mainstream but has wanted to take a shot at that next level. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Agree--I do think that wasn't expected until her contract expired next summer I believe I read. Anyway, I agree they will be fine; with several top talents already one board.

They've got two big moves to make with Carlson's old afternoon time slot open, along with the 9:00 PM Kelly show slot. Will they bring these from within, or bring on some new faces?

Fox is strong. They'll be fine and they know what they are doing. They are at the top of their game. Hell, they could just add Tomi Lahren and keep it moving without skipping a beat.

Maybe they'll tap Megan's competitor Rachel Maddow for that time slot? Would be interesting to see Rachel try & be "fair & balanced", and go on-air without calling the DNC for her talking points first? :D