Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Malik Monk or Jeremy Lin?

Who's Better 23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's Better

    • Malik Monk
      73%
    • Jeremy Lin
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Friend and I are having an argument over this...It started when I said that Monk reminds me of Westbrook. He responded that I was crazy and that Westbrook is 10x the player Monk could ever be (which is something completely different than I had said), and that Monk couldn't even hold Jeremy Lin's jock.

 

Now, I'm not one to embellish a guy's skill set, but am I doing so in thinking that Malik Monk is a better player than Jeremy Lin is?

I haven't seen Malik Monk play yet but I have seen Jeremy Lin play and he has improved to an average to a slightly above average NBA player. I imagine at the least Monk will be as good as or better than Jeremy Lin one day is he isn't already.

If Monk doesn't become a better basketball player in the league than Jeremy Lin, then I'd say he didn't come close to meeting his potential.

Lin does have nice hair plus that economics degree from Harvard to fall back if things don't work out in the NBA. I've seen him play about a dozen times on tv and he does have some talent. I'd say his drawback is a lack of consistancy. Some games he is really good and in others he is a turnover machine. I like Monk's stroke and upside but it is really hard to project after watching 4-5 games against top flight teams. I'm not saying this will be the case but does anyone remember Travis Grant?

I'll take Lin right now
I definitely would. We are comparing an NBA veteran to a guy that has played a handful of college games. Monk may just end up being another guy in the NBA and hop around the D-League.
  • Author
I definitely would. We are comparing an NBA veteran to a guy that has played a handful of college games. Monk may just end up being another guy in the NBA and hop around the D-League.

 

Lin very well may be better, but what do you think the odds of the bolded really are?

I definitely would. We are comparing an NBA veteran to a guy that has played a handful of college games. Monk may just end up being another guy in the NBA and hop around the D-League.

 

That was the question right? I made my post and then voted and was surprised at the poll results

I'll take Lin right now

 

Correct. Not close if I have to choose between Lin and Russ.

Who is better right this moment? I'd have to say Lin.

Lin very well may be better, but what do you think the odds of the bolded really are?

 

Slim, but you never know. The first part of the bolded sentence, highly likely... living in the D-League, probably not. Odds are he will be of around the same caliber of Jeremy Lin which would make him above average. That is impressive.

Who is better right this moment? I'd have to say Lin.

 

Again, not close.

I made my post and then voted and was surprised at the poll results

 

No you weren't :lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.