Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are you a smoker?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My grandmother smoked until her walls were yellow and if you went over there you left selling like cigarettes, even if she hadn't fired one up. Decided at a very young age I woild

never smoke.

So is it 2% or 20% ? Or is it 20% for Marlboro smokers and 2% for Kentucky's Best ?

Grew up with smoking parent's...too many hours in the backseat of a smoke filled car for me to ever consider smoking.

  • Author

I used to come back from running in weather like today. Remember walking into the house and seeing the haze. Dad was 3 packs a day, mom 2 in their prime. Both died way too early. One from lymphoma and had emphysema and the other had poor circulation with many other issues. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life.

  • Author

I can understand our parents smoking. It was the thing to do in that time. Kids that pick it up today, with the knowledge that is out there just blows my mind.

Heard on the news last night that smokers earn 20% less than non smokers. Pulled up a few articles today that discuss the gap.

 

 

A Smoker’s Wage Gap?! Yep—Smokers Make 2% Less Than Non-Smokers - Glassdoor Blog

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100932835

truth campaign to focus on smoker’s wage gap | Truth Initiative

 

Is smoking a causative factor of the 20% less, or is it indicative of the type of people who tend to smoke?

 

Are there more smokers among the less educated? Sure seems that way to me.

  • Author
Is smoking causative factor of the 20% less, or is it indicative of the type of people who tend to smoke?

 

Are there more smokers among the less educated? Sure seems that way to me.

 

That's the big question. I heard the number last night and found it hard to believe. Pulled up on the internet using the 20% number and was shocked how many articles popped up. Interesting reads as to why and if the numbers are real.

I smoked for about 10 years. Quite a little over 12 years ago. Haven't even held a cigarette since. I do like a good cigar though.

I can understand our parents smoking. It was the thing to do in that time. Kids that pick it up today, with the knowledge that is out there just blows my mind.

From what I understand, smoking numbers are way down.

I smoked for about 10 years. Quite a little over 12 years ago. Haven't even held a cigarette since. I do like a good cigar though.

 

Good for you! :ylsuper:

I always get caught off guard when I go across the river to Indiana and people are smoking inside.

I quit on May 9th, 2015 after 40+ years. I still want one, but not as bad as the first three months. I don't think it ever effected my earnings. I didn't/couldn't smoke on the job.

 

I am not judgmental but I can say I feel better as far as my breathing and coughing. It is probably coincidental, but I have had more health problems since I quit than before. I think a lot of it may be due to gaining 30 pounds pretty quickly, but who knows. I am not going to stop everything and eat like a rabbit when I don't smoke anymore.

 

I can honestly say this: If I am ever diagnosed with a terminal disease, the first thing I will buy is a pack of cigarettes. No doubt about it and I won't be convinced otherwise.

I always get caught off guard when I go across the river to Indiana and people are smoking inside.
Where are they smoking inside?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.