Thanksgiving Randoms

Pura Vida

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just home from celebrating with my second family. It was really nice! I haven't seen some of them in more than 15 years, but there was no awkwardness or weirdness. They even insisted I be in a photo because I am "family." It's very humbling to know people who don't have to have you in their lives, want to.

Sister-in-laws jalapeno corn casserole was great as always as was Mrs. C1s pecan pie. I carved two large birds and a ham which ended up serving 26.

We literally ran out of table space. We'll need to consolidate side dishes in to taller bowls next year! :jump:

Heart and belly are full. I honestly don't know how folks can do 2 and 3 Thanksgiving meals in a day...

Cheers to all of you and hopes of joy and gratitude prevail in your homes this wonderful day! Be blessed and Happy Thanksgiving...

Setting up the tent tonight in preparation of our annual deep fry Thursday morning. Typically do 50 turkeys or so.

Every critter within a 5 mile radius will be at TACs for however many days before trash pick up...

Hope the turkey frying has gone well and you all are having a great day!

We had our traditional Thanksgiving Meal around noon today with my wife's family. We ended up with 52 aunts, uncles, cousins, spouses and children there today.

It's always sad when you realize who not there for the first time this year, but a blessing to see everyone that is there.

My house is clean, clean, clean! Roasted a fat chicken, mashed some potatoes and cooked some green beans. Shared my dinner with the dogs and they're all snoozing around the living room. I am so thankful for my pack.

Just ordered the last of the Christmas gifts I need. A good day!

Every critter within a 5 mile radius will be at TACs for however many days before trash pick up...

Hope the turkey frying has gone well and you all are having a great day!

Smooth as silk. We fried 42. It's actually held on the same street every year a few blocks away.