Scott County 42 Ryle 40

theguru

None of those teams thought they were something special because they beat highlands, give me a break.

You're probably right about that. I should've said several of those teams fans thought that!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a solid Ryle team but nothing super special imo. The QB was great. Solid line play. Decent defense. But, 2010 Ryle with Elliott was better.

This loss even supports that opinion. Scott County isn't as good as advertised or even as strong as they were last year. They almost and probably should have lost to Highlands this year. It seems a few N Ky teams(Ryle, SK, and Covcath) had the false pretense that they were improved because they defeated the weakest Highlands team that anyone still alive can remember.

Ugh, Ryle and CCH were improved from last year and them beating Highlands has zero to do with it. I guess someone had to take an angle to get HHS mentioned on this thread somehow.

It looks like things turned around with the addition of Morgan in 2015.

Mr. Morgan left some mighty big shoes to fill, anyone have any ideas on who the leading candidates will be?

Not sure who is coming up but nobody is going to play near the same level as Morgan. He was a special talent that you don't see very often.

Not sure why there always have to be haters on here. This could be a really neat forum and it is, but doggone it these are kids. Quit making it out to be more than what it is. Ryle, Sk and all the schools who had great seasons deserve their kudos. Those who didn't have great seasons, the kids still deserve credit for being out their putting out the effort to play.

In our society today, Give all these kids (young men) credit for working hard to play a sport they love. We as a community and I mean all of sports lovers are losing way to many of these kids to negative things in life, drugs, alcohol, etc. remember some of these kids have fragile self esteem. Give credit before being critical. Give discipline when needed, some of them need that guidance. Most of all enjoy the moments, because they don't last long enough! Let the players coaches and fans enjoy it!

Now to be a hypocrite, Highlands will never be what they were! and it has zero to do with the players, coaches or fans! Times are a changing! well maybe a few of their fans!

Great post. Young men playing football or engaged in any team activities deserve our full support. I'm proud of the character and accomplishments of the Ryle Raiders! Great season and tip your helmet to SC. You will always treasure the memories and friendships created thru hard work, teamwork and dedication. Hold your heads high! We all hate to lose a game, but I see 15 winners we call Seniors who gave everything they had in their last h.s. game. Thanks for the memories!

Ok I see what he was referring to and those comments are definitely a bit much. However I do think Ryle could play with X and Male and let's face it NO ONE is going compete with Trinity.

To be fair it was more than just those comments. It's been a collection of little comments and replies. I am not making that point just based off one comment.

It hasn't been "Simon Kenton-esque" by any stretch of the imagination, but Ryle fans have been persistent in criticizing rankings that didn't have them number 2 or as a Top 3 or 4 team overall in the State.

I am not meaning for this to be a big deal, just making a point of order to settle a handful of side debates that have happened in various threads.

There is no shame in losing to Scott County, and I think this even further legitimizes that Ryle had a team that was definitely among the Top 10 overall in the State, but at the same just pointing out that those posters who were persistent that Ryle was on the same level as the Big 3 may have been a bit pre-mature.

Great season and great team nonetheless for Ryle and a great career for Mr. Tanner Morgan!

This was a solid Ryle team but nothing super special imo. The QB was great. Solid line play. Decent defense. But, 2010 Ryle with Elliott was better.

This loss even supports that opinion. Scott County isn't as good as advertised or even as strong as they were last year. They almost and probably should have lost to Highlands this year. It seems a few N Ky teams(Ryle, SK, and Covcath) had the false pretense that they were improved because they defeated the weakest Highlands team that anyone still alive can remember.

Trust me when I say this, NKY football this year and the success of teams

had nothing to do with Highlands. This game had nothing to do with Highlands. Ryle or any other teams

success had nothing to do with Highlands. Why you think any NKY teams success had anything remotely to do with Highlands is beyond me.

I want to hear about the drop kick attempt to tie the game. Did it come close? How often did Morgan make that in practice? Did they practice that live to give Morgan reps doing it under game like conditions?

What?!! There was a drop kick attempt and no one has really said anything about that? Those are extremely rare to see AND to try one in this type of game is even more rare. I think the only time I've seen it was with Doug Fluttie when he was with the Pats. Details please?!

To be fair it was more than just those comments. It's been a collection of little comments and replies. I am not making that point just based off one comment.

It hasn't been "Simon Kenton-esque" by any stretch of the imagination, but Ryle fans have been persistent in criticizing rankings that didn't have them number 2 or as a Top 3 or 4 team overall in the State.

I am not meaning for this to be a big deal, just making a point of order to settle a handful of side debates that have happened in various threads.

There is no shame in losing to Scott County, and I think this even further legitimizes that Ryle had a team that was definitely among the Top 10 overall in the State, but at the same just pointing out that those posters who were persistent that Ryle was on the same level as the Big 3 may have been a bit pre-mature.

Great season and great team nonetheless for Ryle and a great career for Mr. Tanner Morgan!

I don't feel it's the big 3. More like big 1 that being Trinity.

Not sure why there always have to be haters on here. This could be a really neat forum and it is, but doggone it these are kids. Quit making it out to be more than what it is. Ryle, Sk and all the schools who had great seasons deserve their kudos. Those who didn't have great seasons, the kids still deserve credit for being out their putting out the effort to play.

In our society today, Give all these kids (young men) credit for working hard to play a sport they love. We as a community and I mean all of sports lovers are losing way to many of these kids to negative things in life, drugs, alcohol, etc. remember some of these kids have fragile self esteem. Give credit before being critical. Give discipline when needed, some of them need that guidance. Most of all enjoy the moments, because they don't last long enough! Let the players coaches and fans enjoy it!

Now to be a hypocrite, Highlands will never be what they were! and it has zero to do with the players, coaches or fans! Times are a changing! well maybe a few of their fans!

All I'm gonna say is...you preach about hating and call out "the board" for doing it and then include your last paragraph! Lol!

But to your point...I guess it depends on what your perception of "what Highlands used to be". So explain.

Our opinion about our program has nothing to do with how bad Highlands is. Just so you know we weren't overly thrilled about beating HIGHLANDS. We EXPECTED to beat the pants off you as you were a sub par opponent. About as much competition as scrimmaging a Jv squad. So I dont think we gained any valuable insight or moxy from them. Even when you're as bad as you possibly can be, you have to interject yourselves somehow. Your not relevant, get over it.