Scott County 42 Ryle 40

theguru

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough ending for the Raiders

Parents, focus on the many achievements. Remind your boys that they are dudes that play football rather than football players. Their identity isnt totally wrapped up in the Friday night outcome.

Players, the football thing ends before you know it. A moments sunlight fading in the grass. Get all the meat off of the bone. Then walk away and smile.

Tough ending for the Raiders

Parents, focus on the many achievements. Remind your boys that they are dudes that play football rather than football players. Their identity isnt totally wrapped up in the Friday night outcome.

Players, the football thing ends before you know it. A moments sunlight fading in the grass. Get all the meat off of the bone. Then walk away and smile.

Solid post! :thumb:

Didn't Ryle get a little greedy when all they needed was a field goal.

I believe they were on the 40 yard line and it was second down.

If Morgan could have thrown the ball two more yards it was a TD. The CB was beat but the ball was under thrown.

Great high school football game. Great atmosphere. Great season by Ryle! Only 6 teams in the state of Kentucky season end the way they want it too! Ryle had a great season that everyone should have enjoyed and to be proud of. It was fun football all season. thank you to the coaches and players for great entertainment this season! Hard work pays off. looking forward to seeing this team again next season!

Yes I believe Altcat thinks this is an SK thread

I believe he's referring to some comments made in the SK/Ryle game thread that futurecoach just brought back up.

Quote Originally Posted by KY Outsider

Both of these teams are better than X and Male. I also think either can compete with Trinity.

These teams were ranked 2&3 in the state for a reason. I have seen X play and both of these teams are 2 scores better than them.

Congratulations to the Senior Raiders and to Coach Mike Engler on a great season.

What has Mike Engler and this group of upper classmen done at Ryle the last 3 years?

2013: 2-9 (Season before Engler arrived)

2014: 5-7 (Engler's first season. Last 6 games of season: 4-2)

2015: 9-3 (Including win at Engler's former team, LexCath in Bluegrass Bowl)

2016: 12-1

Coach Engler, the players, the parents and the administration and fans of Ryle have to be excited about the trajectory this program is going.

This was a solid Ryle team but nothing super special imo. The QB was great. Solid line play. Decent defense. But, 2010 Ryle with Elliott was better.

This loss even supports that opinion. Scott County isn't as good as advertised or even as strong as they were last year. They almost and probably should have lost to Highlands this year. It seems a few N Ky teams(Ryle, SK, and Covcath) had the false pretense that they were improved because they defeated the weakest Highlands team that anyone still alive can remember.

I believe he's referring to some comments made in the SK/Ryle game thread that futurecoach just brought back up.

Both of these teams are better than X and Male. I also think either can compete with Trinity.

These teams were ranked 2&3 in the state for a reason. I have seen X play and both of these teams are 2 scores better than them.

Ok I see what he was referring to and those comments are definitely a bit much. However I do think Ryle could play with X and Male and let's face it NO ONE is going compete with Trinity.

Congratulations to the Senior Raiders and to Coach Mike Engler on a great season.

What has Mike Engler and this group of upper classmen done at Ryle the last 3 years?

2013: 2-9 (Season before Engler arrived)

2014: 5-7 (Engler's first season. Last 6 games of season: 4-2)

2015: 9-3 (Including win at Engler's former team, LexCath in Bluegrass Bowl)

2016: 12-1

Coach Engler, the players, the parents and the administration and fans of Ryle have to be excited about the trajectory this program is going.

It looks like things turned around with the addition of Morgan in 2015.

Mr. Morgan left some mighty big shoes to fill, anyone have any ideas on who the leading candidates will be?

This was a solid Ryle team but nothing super special imo. The QB was great. Solid line play. Decent defense. But, 2010 Ryle with Elliott was better.

This loss even supports that opinion. Scott County isn't as good as advertised or even as strong as they were last year. They almost and probably should have lost to Highlands this year. It seems a few N Ky teams(Ryle, SK, and Covcath) had the false pretense that they were improved because they defeated the weakest Highlands team that anyone still alive can remember.

None of those teams thought they were something special because they beat highlands, give me a break.