Scott County 42 Ryle 40

theguru

Now I haven't said much but how bad was Highlands for this 1 yr? I mean they just went to 9 straight finals man. Give some credit where its due. Yes this yr was horrible period. Does that define Highlands as a program? Or yet how does that mean it over for them forever? I wish Ryle could have pulled it off. They didn't. Oh well guess what Ryle and Highlands will be watching next weeks game from home. I just hate when someone can say oh Highlands had a really bad yr so now that means they will never make it again. Come on dude 23 state titles. An how many of those were why you been rooting for Ryle? Highlands will always be relevant! I wish Ryle the best!

Could it be that Highlands is now playing better competition? I mean, I am sure Ryle, Conner, or Cooper would be as dominant if they were playing down in 4A. I believe if Highlands had not jumped classes,,they would still be at the top of the class.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that Highlands is now playing better competition? I mean, I am sure Ryle, Conner, or Cooper would be as dominant if they were playing down in 4A. I believe if Highlands had not jumped classes,,they would still be at the top of the class.

Really??? Sorry Fear, but I have to answer this one. Better competition? First I will say that they have always played "up" in non-district opponents. And in the past they had played all the teams you mentioned and handled them with ease (except Cooper. They never played them til last year). They also have gone across the river to play and compete with GCL teams. How many NKY teams have ever done that, let alone every year til this year. They also put teams from Florida on their schedule. Big schools from Florida. And they put teams like Scott Co and St X (and many others) on their schedule, when they don't have to. So did they play 4A and win, yes. But if you think the Ryles, Conners and SK's of the past would have won in 4A with any kind of ease, you just haven't seen enough of that level. Heck, I'm not sure any of those teams you mentioned this year (when they are supposed to be up) would win the 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A this year! It definitely wouldn't be a lock!

And let me ask you this. Why do you feel the competition is just better now in NKY? What's happened to prove to you that NKY is improved over all?

And as big of a fan as I am of HHS, they would not have been very successful in just about any class from 3A up this year. Unfortunately, they just were not very good and I hate saying it, but it is what it is! There are teams in those classes now that have competed with HHS in the past and I don't think HHS could have played with them this year. So the bump up has nothing to do with it. They have played up before and did just fine. (yes, won state titles)

I agree with your statement.

I said last year that had HHS stayed at 4A there is no reason they couldn't have possibly reached the finals again.

HHS had a great run over the years and won their fair share even when there were only 4 classes but the last few years with 6 classes, 4A wasn't all that competitive outside maybe 3 teams.

i know RCC talks about HHS always playing the same competition they play now when they were 4A but that isn't entirely true. They played Ryle in like 2010 or 11 and lost but no other NKY teams I can remember outside their district. They always said everyone ducked them, but that was always the HHS fans claiming that. I never bought into it that much. It seems now that they are playing NKY teams outside their district it is showing that there is decent competition in NKY and I hope all these teams continue playing each other in the future.

Ryles coach going for 2 early in the second quarter was just plain stupid.

I wanted to ask about that also. They have arguably the top kicker in NKY and went for 2 early correct? Was it a bad snap or something or did they actually lineup and go for 2? Seems like they did it early on which is even more puzzling.

Ryles coach going for 2 early in the second quarter was just plain stupid.

Was Scott County going for two when they scored to make it 40-34 with 3 min. remaining stupid or brilliant? I guess it depends if you get it or not. In this case, SC was smart because they made it 42-34 with the decision.

I'm glad us fans are smart enough to make all the correct decisions after the game has been played.

Congrats Ryle on a great season and Good Luck SC. We hope you keep playing smart football.

I agree with your statement.

I said last year that had HHS stayed at 4A there is no reason they couldn't have possibly reached the finals again.

HHS had a great run over the years and won their fair share even when there were only 4 classes but the last few years with 6 classes, 4A wasn't all that competitive outside maybe 3 teams.

i know RCC talks about HHS always playing the same competition they play now when they were 4A but that isn't entirely true. They played Ryle in like 2010 or 11 and lost but no other NKY teams I can remember outside their district. They always said everyone ducked them, but that was always the HHS fans claiming that. I never bought into it that much. It seems now that they are playing NKY teams outside their district it is showing that there is decent competition in NKY and I hope all these teams continue playing each other in the future.

They didn't play any local teams because everyone dropped them and wouldn't play them. The year you talk about Ryle beating them, HHS also beat them bad in the first game of that same season. Then they played in the last game of the season and Ryle won. And I think that was one of the best teams Ryle had.

Look, you (like you always do), can call out 1 or two examples and act like that's the norm. But the norm is created over time. HHS sought out and played better competition than was was available in the area at that time. To say they just play better competition now is silly. Especially when all that competition is out of the playoffs already. What makes them any better than back then?

So you tell me, is the local competition really better now or is HHS just not been very good these last two years? Seeing the results, it appears that the competition may be a little better, but the results of the HHS games are because they are significantly down.

And are you really trying to insinuate that the local teams over the years were actually better than the teams HHS was seeking out to play? Because that would be really funny!!!

And you do realize that HHS did play 5a and won championships there before right? Then were forced back down to 4a with realignment.

And lastly, you say there were only a few good teams in 4A those years. Well we can also say there were only a very few teams in 6a that was any good too. But regardless, don't you play where the state puts you? HHS has ALWAYS played up a class if they were allowed. HHS played some of the big dogs over the years. How soon we forget! Here's just one example, just a few years ago, HHS put a running on Scott Co...holding them to 0 first downs in the first half. If my mind serves me correctly, that same year, Scott Co put a running clock on SK...a team that was the top of NKY 6A. What would that HHS team have done to the local 6A teams that year??? Many more examples where that came from.

Don't try to act like you know more than HHS fans about our own history...like you always do. You get you knowledge from hearsay and BGP. I get mine from being involved with the school for over 40 years. But again, you know more than me about HHS.

Now that all the 6a teams are done, we can determine that as much as we want to think NKY 6A is good because we see them at the top of the rankings, they really aren't much better than they have been. Outside of Dixie a couple years ago, we aren't losing to the big three. We are losing to teams that get crushed by the big three. So tell me what's changed?

I'm not trying to hate on 6A teams. I have said a 100 times I want them to be good and represent NKY. But they just aren't there yet. I said all year (and no one answered me), how do we know if our 6a teams are good? What gives us that indication? Again, no one answered me because they couldn't tell me. So not that I agree with the way Bosshog presented his argument, but there is some truth to it. A few teams beat up on all the local teams and got a sense of security that they were really good. But when it comes down to it, the teams they were beating turned out to be not all that good. I'm not being mean, it's just reality. I wish it wasn't and I could be sitting here waiting for the SK/Ryle rematch on Friday. I would like nothing more...well except to be seeing the Bird playing that day too!

Edited by RCC9

Was Scott County going for two when they scored to make it 40-34 with 3 min. remaining stupid or brilliant? I guess it depends if you get it or not. In this case, SC was smart because they made it 42-34 with the decision.

I'm glad us fans are smart enough to make all the correct decisions after the game has been played.

Congrats Ryle on a great season and Good Luck SC. We hope you keep playing smart football.

Late in the 4th quarter is far different than midway in the 2nd quarter.