Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Forcing Thomas More to vacate undefeated national championship season (Women's)

Featured Replies

A great man once said " The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it's going to give Cleveland State two more years of probation".

  • Replies 75
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She was tired of basketball being her entire life and spending endless hours practicing. She wanted to enjoy college life's other facets. She knew at TMC this was possible. This is from a very reliable source.

Didn't she go to the WNBA combine?

Imagine a major D1 school doing it with the best player in the nation. That's what happened here.

 

I know, there would be mutiny. But instead we have a bunch of subjective locals trying to explain it away.

If she weren't a superstar would it have made a difference? Obviously you are entitled to your opinion but in the scheme of college violations this is so far down the list you couldn't find it. TMC was remiss in not checking it out, but knowingly cheating, I think not.

 

No, no difference, cheating is cheating.

 

You amaze me.

 

Any College, College Coach, or College Athlete knows living Free with a Coach is a blatant violation.

 

Not only did Thomas More cheat, they blatantly cheated and they lack institutional control to let something like this happen and continue to go on without immediately correcting it and self-reporting.

Didn't she go to the WNBA combine?

 

People who are tired of basketball don't try to do it professionally IMO.

She was tired of basketball being her entire life and spending endless hours practicing. She wanted to enjoy college life's other facets. She knew at TMC this was possible. This is from a very reliable source.

 

Sydney Moss and a broken college system | Columns | alligator.org

 

She was upset her coaches didn't talk to her mother during the year according to this article? If she wanted to be close to her mother, why didn't she stay with her during the rehab?

People who are tired of basketball don't try to do it professionally IMO.

 

Charleston Gazette-Mail | Moss’ daughter Sydney eyes professional basketball

 

Moss’ name was not one of the 36 called in the WNBA draft, and she wasn’t invited to a WNBA training camp. Yet she still hopes for a professional basketball career and isn’t afraid to take her basketball odyssey overseas. Moss will head to Atlanta in early June for a combine to be held in front of some international coaches, and she’d love the chance to play in a different country. - See more at: Charleston Gazette-Mail | Moss’ daughter Sydney eyes professional basketball

 

 

Look, I don't know the situation and I don't know the real reasons why she transferred. A lot of it just doesn't fully add up. I think most of us see that. Not trying to bring her down or anything, just calling it like I see it.

My thoughts too. I don't want to bring anyone down but I have a general rule of thumb in life...if it doesn't make logical sense and nothing adds up...I expect crazy.

Same wise man said, "9 out of 10 schools are cheating. The 10th one is in last place".

  • Author
Didn't she go to the WNBA combine?

 

I believe so. Front's story is the same I heard.

  • Author
Charleston Gazette-Mail | Moss’ daughter Sydney eyes professional basketball

 

Moss’ name was not one of the 36 called in the WNBA draft, and she wasn’t invited to a WNBA training camp. Yet she still hopes for a professional basketball career and isn’t afraid to take her basketball odyssey overseas. Moss will head to Atlanta in early June for a combine to be held in front of some international coaches, and she’d love the chance to play in a different country. - See more at: Charleston Gazette-Mail | Moss’ daughter Sydney eyes professional basketball

 

 

Look, I don't know the situation and I don't know the real reasons why she transferred. A lot of it just doesn't fully add up. I think most of us see that. Not trying to bring her down or anything, just calling it like I see it.

 

She felt at the time that she could make the pros regardless of where she attended. That's not illogical.

I was told she was offered to play overseas, don't remember which country though, and turned it down.

I know, there would be mutiny. But instead we have a bunch of subjective locals trying to explain it away.

 

Not trying to explain it away, just pointing out extenuating circumstances. Believe me if it were a DI star they would have received better care than the President and we wouldn't have heard a thing about it. TMC made a mistake, but I'm sure it pales by comparison to what happens in big D! schools and nothing happens. You know that's true. Just looking for a LITTLE consistency from the NCAA.

If she wanted to back home closer to mom, why didn't she stay with her? Or did mom move with the son?

No, no difference, cheating is cheating.

 

You amaze me.

 

Any College, College Coach, or College Athlete knows living Free with a Coach is a blatant violation.

 

Not only did Thomas More cheat, they blatantly cheated and they lack institutional control to let something like this happen and continue to go on without immediately correcting it and self-reporting.

 

Agree coaches and administrators SHOULD know what is allowable, but you amaze me if you think college athletes know whats a violation ans what isn't.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.