Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA Forcing Thomas More to vacate undefeated national championship season (Women's)

Featured Replies

I don't understand the argument that she "had no options." Why were UK and a division III school her only options? Surely she could have transferred to darn near anywhere in the country?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame on the NCAA. Nothing anyone should be surprised about though. The NCAA is a pathetic organization on its rules and enforcement.

 

That being said, TMC does have to own that they were not more diligent when the possible violation was brought to their attention.

Edited by Voice of Reason

I don't understand the argument that she "had no options." Why were UK and a division III school her only options? Surely she could have transferred to darn near anywhere in the country?

 

Wanted to be near home I guess.

Wanted to be near home I guess.

 

Louisville, Cincinnati, Morehead State, NKU, EKU, etc. etc. Why Thomas More?

Louisville, Cincinnati, Morehead State, NKU, EKU, etc. etc. Why Thomas More?

 

No idea...probably because she didn't want to sit a year.

No idea...probably because she didn't want to sit a year.

 

I would guess there are parts of the story that we don't know.

  • Author

For the record I didn't change the title of this thread.

 

Thomas More

Louisville, Cincinnati, Morehead State, NKU, EKU, etc. etc. Why Thomas More?

Florida blocked the transfer to UK. Maybe they would have blocked Louisville and Cincy too...

Not quite sure why the school she went to matters?

Florida blocked the transfer to UK. Maybe they would have blocked Louisville and Cincy too...

Not quite sure why the school she went to matters?

 

It matters because it doesn't make sense to go a very expensive Division III school when she could have gone to almost any other school in America for free. From and NCAA perspective, there are some red flags here IMO

For the record I didn't change the title of this thread.

 

Thomas More

 

Corrected :thumb:

It was$5000 not $1600

 

Secondly, word is coming out that her father is the anonymous source that reported it to the NCAA.

 

I guarantee there is more to this story.

It was$5000 not $1600

 

Secondly, word is coming out that her father is the anonymous source that reported it to the NCAA.

 

I guarantee there is more to this story.

 

Her father as in "straight cash homie" Randy Moss?

It was$5000 not $1600

 

Secondly, word is coming out that her father is the anonymous source that reported it to the NCAA.

 

I guarantee there is more to this story.

 

I would bet on it.

Her father as in "straight cash homie" Randy Moss?

 

Yessir.

It was$5000 not $1600

 

Secondly, word is coming out that her father is the anonymous source that reported it to the NCAA.

 

I guarantee there is more to this story.

 

The article indicated that it was $5,000, but Sydney performed some work for the family (i.e. babysitting, etc....the value which must've equaled $3,400), meaning the violation was due to $1,600 in impermissible benefits.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.