November 14, 20169 yr only shot I see @ all is against the Chargers in Cleveland. I dont think they win vs. the Giants, Steelers, Bengals, or @ Bills or @ Steelers.
November 14, 20169 yr :lol2: I think everyone knew where this was headed as soon as the thread was started...
November 14, 20169 yr I think they got a shot against the sieve that is the Steelers D with big Mike Mitchell back there patrolling.
November 14, 20169 yr No, though I do feel they play hard each time on the field. Talent wise, they are extremely deficient.
November 14, 20169 yr Yes, they may win a couple, and the Bengals game in Cleveland is absolutely winnable for them, especially if the Bengals legitimately fall out of contention. Home for Bengals and Chargers both seem winnable to me.
November 14, 20169 yr A few weeks ago I thought it was hogwash to talk about them going 0-16. However, they seem to be regressing of late. I now think it is very possible. They are bad and getting worse.
November 15, 20169 yr Looking very slim, I think the Bengals are their best chance. I think they probably go winless.
November 16, 20169 yr I say "Yes" they will get a win this year. I think their best chances are behind them but I think it will still happen. It is difficult to go winless in the NFL. I know its been done a few times but the odds favor at least one victory. But the longer the season goes and the injuries mount-- O-line has been hit hard-- the tougher it will be to win a game. The D has been bad all season and I don't think the acquisition of Collins is enough to change that fact. The thing is about Hue... he has coached them into some winnable spots this season. I think he pulled Kessler too soon last week because he was desperately trying to get a W with the score close, but generally, it seems his game plan and the adjustments he makes in-game have been good. You never know when they might put several components of the game together at the same time and pull out a win. That coupled with the inevitable under par showing an opponent will be enough to notch the W at least once this season. One other factor goes against them achieving at least one win... this team is young and inexperienced by design. Money ball dictated that they dismantle the past and start new with young and talented players. They dd that very thing. They have lots of young players, and the talent is improving under Hue, but this means that the next couple seasons will be hard to watch until Hue gets all the pieces in place.
November 16, 20169 yr ^Will they go after a QB with the #1 pick, or do you think they're satisfied with what they've seen from Kessler?
November 16, 20169 yr @UKMustangFan, they are not satisfied with what they see in Kessler. Right now he has proven to be a solid backup in the NFL. He is accurate with passes and protects the ball. He seems to have a fair amount of leadership ability and smarts. I think he has many tools to be a good QB in the NFL. The main complaint I am seeing is that he does not stretch the field with the deep ball. Hue actually has mentioned this in press conferences. I am not sure that it is because his arm is not strong enough. It isn't very strong but it may be adequate. For some reason he doesn't seem to be looking for the deep pass. With the injuries to the O-line I know he doesn't have much time, but he has to hit some deep patterns. You can't win if defenses can forget about the deep pattern. This is one of the main things Hue will look for the rest of the season. If Kessler doesn't take the challenge and start hitting the deep route, he won't become anything other than a backup. I do think Cleveland looks for a QB this offseason. McCown is old and doesn't have too many more "partial" seasons in him. Kessler has a long way to go to be a winner in this league. RGIII has proven again this season that he is too fragile for the NFL. They definitely need to add a QB or two. Sitting at #1 in the draft seems to be the best time to get the guy you want coming out of college. Let's hope there is a true franchise QB coming out of college this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.