November 16, 20169 yr My question is, will there be a QB out there worth that pick? There is not. Not really any close to it honestly.
November 16, 20169 yr @UKMustangFan, they are not satisfied with what they see in Kessler. Right now he has proven to be a solid backup in the NFL. He is accurate with passes and protects the ball. He seems to have a fair amount of leadership ability and smarts. I think he has many tools to be a good QB in the NFL. The main complaint I am seeing is that he does not stretch the field with the deep ball. Hue actually has mentioned this in press conferences. I am not sure that it is because his arm is not strong enough. It isn't very strong but it may be adequate. For some reason he doesn't seem to be looking for the deep pass. With the injuries to the O-line I know he doesn't have much time, but he has to hit some deep patterns. You can't win if defenses can forget about the deep pattern. This is one of the main things Hue will look for the rest of the season. If Kessler doesn't take the challenge and start hitting the deep route, he won't become anything other than a backup. I do think Cleveland looks for a QB this offseason. McCown is old and doesn't have too many more "partial" seasons in him. Kessler has a long way to go to be a winner in this league. RGIII has proven again this season that he is too fragile for the NFL. They definitely need to add a QB or two. Sitting at #1 in the draft seems to be the best time to get the guy you want coming out of college. Let's hope there is a true franchise QB coming out of college this year. I would do everything I could to get Romo for 2-3 years and wait for the QB you want in that time frame. However, I think Romo will be a Bronco next year. They will win a game.
November 16, 20169 yr I would do everything I could to get Romo for 2-3 years and wait for the QB you want in that time frame. However, I think Romo will be a Bronco next year. They will win a game. Romo was the reason for my question. If you don't think Kessler is the guy, and there isn't a guy to draft at #1 this year, go after Romo.
November 16, 20169 yr Romo was the reason for my question. If you don't think Kessler is the guy, and there isn't a guy to draft at #1 this year, go after Romo. They have the resources and fire power to.
November 16, 20169 yr I bet they get one against the Steelers - they always seem to have trouble with "bad" teams and they still play Cleveland twice. Steelers record vs. teams with losing records (at game time) past 5 years... 2012: 3-4 2013: 3-4 2014: 3-4 2015: 2-3 2016: 1-1
November 16, 20169 yr I bet they get one against the Steelers - they always seem to have trouble with "bad" teams and they still play Cleveland twice. Steelers record vs. teams with losing records (at game time) past 5 years... 2012: 3-4 2013: 3-4 2014: 3-4 2015: 2-3 2016: 1-1 Yep, and like I said before, their defense is porous. Now without Cam Heyward they are even more ripe for the picking. Not too long ago, Josh Gordon had 2,347 yards receiving one afternoon against them. But don't fret Steeler faithful...MIKE Freakin MITCHELL is back there to keep things under control. :puke:
November 16, 20169 yr If the Bengals are basically eliminated over the next three weeks, it could be Cincinnati that gives the Browns a "W". Cleveland will be coming off their bye week heading into that game as well.
November 16, 20169 yr I would do everything I could to get Romo for 2-3 years and wait for the QB you want in that time frame. However, I think Romo will be a Bronco next year. They will win a game. Romo was the reason for my question. If you don't think Kessler is the guy, and there isn't a guy to draft at #1 this year, go after Romo. Excellent thought! Cleveland needs a veteran QB on the roster. I'm not sure how long McCown will be around. Plus, Romo has won more games than McCown. The best thing about McCown is his attitude. He doesn't mind being a role player. He is willing to share his knowledge with younger guys and help them be successful. But it may be time to go after a guy like Romo who has the capability to win some games in the NFL and bide time for the right QB. As has been pointed out, the Browns are in excellent cap-space shape. Can anyone tell me if there is a franchise-type QB available in the 2017 draft?
November 16, 20169 yr Excellent thought! Cleveland needs a veteran QB on the roster. I'm not sure how long McCown will be around. Plus, Romo has won more games than McCown. The best thing about McCown is his attitude. He doesn't mind being a role player. He is willing to share his knowledge with younger guys and help them be successful. But it may be time to go after a guy like Romo who has the capability to win some games in the NFL and bide time for the right QB. As has been pointed out, the Browns are in excellent cap-space shape. Can anyone tell me if there is a franchise-type QB available in the 2017 draft? IMO, there is not in 2017. The 2018 class with Sam Darnold and Jake Browning among others should be fairly strong though.
November 17, 20169 yr Just curious-----don't know-----where was Zak Prescott drafted? Dak, 4th round I believe.
November 17, 20169 yr Yes, thank you..Dak not Zak. Point is there may be some QB's in the draft who can help the Browns. The GM just has to find them.
November 17, 20169 yr Just curious-----don't know-----where was Zak Prescott drafted? He had a 2nd round grade from most teams but had a DUI prior to draft. Still he'd go #1 with what they know now.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.